17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

Its unbelievable isnt it. 

How can we spend £40 million on strikers (in the Championship!) and be starting a kid upfront on his own who has never scored a goal for us.

If this thread is to remain open then we need a very quick change in management.

1 win in 8 league games is surely enough to warrant that change?

There's no sign of improvement under Bruce. We can't continue to do the same things and expect different results. A change is a most. We can't afford to waste time here. As each game.goes by under Bruce the chances of promotion reduces. Now or never.

Even after a poor start we are just five points outside playoffs, seven points from top. Hopefully come the end of this month we'll be top 6 and have some real momentum and confidence.

I am still confident we can be successful this season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Even after a poor start we are just five points outside playoffs, seven points from top. Hopefully come the end of this month we'll be top 6 and have some real momentum and confidence.

I am still confident we can be successful this season.

I think 7 points at this stage is still a huge amount. Need to start winning games back to back to have a chance. The manner of today's win is promising in my view and it was on sky

When we can win 3 or 4 games in a row I'll believe a promotion charge is more than wishful thinking. But we had a similar result against Norwich then back to mediocrity. One game isn't going to make a great difference - getting slightly bored of hearing "is this the result that will kick start our season..."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think 7 points at this stage is still a huge amount. Need to start winning games back to back to have a chance. The manner of today's win is promising in my view and it was on sky

It was 10 points this morning. Saying that, 7 sounds a much better figure doesn't it?

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

When we can win 3 or 4 games in a row I'll believe a promotion charge is more than wishful thinking. But we had a similar result against Norwich then back to mediocrity. One game isn't going to make a great difference - getting slightly bored of hearing "is this the result that will kick start our season..."

Yep. That's what it comes down to. Consistency. We know we can win the odd game like today. Can we do it 3/4 times in a row?

If we play 442 I think we will have more chance. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

It was 10 points this morning. Saying that, 7 sounds a much better figure doesn't it?

Yep most definitely and good to get a host of goals. Goals scored could be vital. Really hapoy in the manner of the win. Havent seen us play like that away from home in years

Absolutely, and if we do it will show What a missed opportunity home draws against Brentford and 10 man Middlesbrough will have been. 

I shouldn't worry though. After winning yesterday he will probably go five at the back against Forest with Adomah playing as lone striker up front. 

15 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

We have had good runs last season, and with an inferior side. Cant see a reason why we wont do better this year!

The best part of yesterdays result was that it was away from home, our Achilles heal. Getting that monkey off our back quickly will prove important IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Absolutely, and if we do it will show What a missed opportunity home draws against Brentford and 10 man Middlesbrough will have been. 

I shouldn't worry though. After winning yesterday he will probably go five at the back against Forest with Adomah playing as lone striker up front. 

You cant think about missed opportunities, it will drive you mad!

TBH if anyone will rue missed opportunities from that Brentford game it wont be us.

7 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We have had good runs last season, and with an inferior side. Cant see a reason why we wont do better this year!

The best part of yesterdays result was that it was away from home, our Achilles heal. Getting that monkey off our back quickly will prove important IMO.

Sky game as well. Our other weakness

On 16/09/2017 at 20:49, villa89 said:

Anything other than automatic promotion is a failure for me. The squad and the money spent decided that. The playoffs are a lottery. 

I agree that the play-off's are a lottery and that automatic promotion should always be our aim but promotion via the play-off's would do for me :).  Having said that, not going up whether we made those play-off's or not would represent a failure for me.  

I have to laugh at how some people think all of a sudden the 12 teams above us just stop playing or ALL just decide to lose or drop points at the same time as we simultaneously go on winning streaks. "Only 7 points" is not that straightforward.

Does anyone remember when we went on that 6 or 7 game winning run last season and barely moved?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1