17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

39 minutes ago, Nigel said:

If hull finish above us I'll be shocked

Ya, their model is a bit weird in that it's entirely dominated by goals scored, conceded and results and appears to take no account of player or manager ins/outs. Whatever weighting they've applied clearly favors the recent prem teams. Be interesting to see how they fair across all the european leagues regardless. 

I wouldn't underestimate Slutski, but ya I'd be surprised if he got them playing that well that quickly and there aren't many over-estimating Bruce at this stage.  

Yep, out of interest when was the last time we won a league game by 3 goals, like Cardiff did today? Off the top of my head all I can think of is that dreadful Rotherham side and going back even further probably Sunderland?

What a dreadful club we have become. 

2 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

It's ok, Newcastle lost their first two games of the season remember.

I somehow don't think that little sequence is going to apply to us.:)

What were people expecting?! Our problem last year wasn't the defence it was scoring goals.

So what have we done? Bought two defenders in (Terry/Samba), a defensive midfielder (Whelan) a box to box midfielder (Onomah) and one winger (Elmo) who is arguably no better than Adomah.

No focus has been given to our actual problems - weak midfield and impotent attacking threat. Nothing's changed.

Miles off Promotion, playoffs or otherwise.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

It's ok, Newcastle lost their first two games of the season remember.

Yes but they had Rafa in charge. A manager who had a plan. It didn't work so he tried a couple of different things. Set the team up differently for different games. We have Bruce who is probably trying to find out who we're playing next. 

• Haha 1