17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

I think it depends on if Hull are the relegated team who still have some PL quality and are going to be in the mix, or are a relegated team in disarray who might go double relegation.  Unfortunately I think they are probably more towards if not exactly the latter so we have to chalk our first game as a poor display. 

Then again we really should have gone 2-0 up on a number of occasions and I think if we had it may have been a very different game. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Looked too much like last season for me. 

Slight improvement but no where near enough to make me think we can get automatic promotion. 

We was better for 30 mins.....then just got out fought and resorted back to ladt season

some players are simply not up to it and Bacuna is one.....lansbury might be another.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

We was better for 30 mins.....then just got out fought and resorted back to ladt season

some players are simply not up to it and Bacuna is one.....lansbury might be another.

But then this manager picks Bacuna over and over again. 

We've got one of the best squads in the league, I don't think we can just place all the blame on the players of things don't go right. 

• Like 1

Just like last season when we had the players to make the playoffs and didn't because of poor management this season we have the squad to be in the automatic promotion places but you have to believe that the manager will hold us back again. We will definitely be in the top six but we'll drop too many points uncessarily this season. 

17 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Only saw the highlights but my initial thought was we played well.

There were reasons to be cheerful, then some orrible similarities to last year too. However, 1st game of the season, other teams also lost points so not the disaster it is being painted as in some quarters. Time will tell, but we have the players we need now - think it was only Hutton and Bacuna who started the first game last season - and hopefully they are replaced sooner than later!

To get top 2 we really need to be winning games like yesterday especially at home as we're rubbish away until we prove otherwise.

We saw last season how drawing game after game quickly meant other teams disappeared ahead of us into the horizon. It all adds up.

Just waiting leeds ans look at them. They score one and keep the momentum up even when they concede. Why cant bruce bloody have our team playing like this?

Hw has the players no excuses. Ww wont be promoted if he continues the go a goal up then sit back amd hold on.

It flopped last season and flopped massively yesterday 

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

I am 100% sure though that if Kodjia had been playing yesterday we would have won. 

Well as our only tactic seems to be hope Kodjia wins the game for us he was a miss. 

Shame we can't really expect him to do it every single game. 

10 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Didn't Newcastle lose their first two games last season? Early days yet. Let's see how the next few games pan out.

they did indeed, so a draw isn't exactly the end of the world however frustrating that second half performance was.

2 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Didn't Newcastle lose their first two games last season? Early days yet. Let's see how the next few games pan out.

Yeah they'd just been relegated, like Hull. ..... oh.......

3 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Yes and boro lost. It was disappointing however not end of the world. I just hope it was rustiness because that was a last season typical Steve Bruce performance. We won't be going up if we can't consistently perform for at least 70 mins a game