17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

100% agree. It's nothing happening at the moment. Why is that?

Not sure mate, the teams doing well and prices are not overLy expensive . Hopefully improvement for tomorrow's game. 

I think this streaming service is definitely having an impact this year

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure mate, the teams doing well and prices are not overLy expensive . Hopefully improvement for tomorrow's game. 

I think this streaming service is definitely having an impact this year

Nah numbers aren't a problem. You can have small attendance and still a good atmosphere.  The fans need the players to do something to make them get behind them and the players need the fans to get behind them to do something. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah numbers aren't a problem. You can have small attendance and still a good atmosphere.  The fans need the players to do something to make them get behind them and the players need the fans to get behind them to do something. 

Agree to a extent but when the teams struggling we need to be supporting them now not getting in their backs like we use to. The players have been excellent so far this season they deserve our support even things are not going our way

• Like 1

But it is consistency.

I feel the wave of warranted critism in some areas has been valid in terms of the teams progression.

I did say it was deserved until we reached the play off spot by December and be in amongst it.

That we are and I believe the job is still only 50% complete.

Hats off so far in the first 4/5 months. We are where we should be.

Hopefully we kick on further in the 2nd half of the season and cement our top 2 position by March.

With regards to Sheffield United I think their position is a bit anomalous consider they are one of 3 teams in the entire football league who haven't drawn yet. Turn 2 of those wins into draws and they don't look quite so hot. Also I refuse to believe Cardiff won't collapse with that fossil in charge. 

I said earlier in this thread that Christmas is the time to hit your stride and I stand by that. 

Teams making the running before then often fall away. 

Hopefully Wolves, Cardiff, Sheffield Utd now start picking up plenty of injuries to key players just as our ridiculous amount of missing players start to return. 

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

I said earlier in this thread that Christmas is the time to hit your stride and I stand by that. 

Teams making the running before then often fall away. 

Hopefully Wolves, Cardiff, Sheffield Utd now start picking up plenty of injuries to key players just as our ridiculous amount of missing players start to return. 

We've got a tough run over that period.

Derby away- They're playing very well atm. 3-0 away to Boro today.

Sheffield United home- All the hype that comes with that one. Must not lose anyway.

Brentford away- Always play well against us.

Boro away- Strong at home apart from the result today.

Bristol City home- Doing very well. Came down from 2-0 down to win today.

Think I'd be happy with 7-8 points from that. I expect 4 points from Leeds-Millwall games.

Just now, VillaChris said:

We've got a tough run over that period.

Derby away- They're playing very well atm. 3-0 away to Boro today.

Sheffield United home- All the hype that comes with that one. Must not lose anyway.

Brentford away- Always play well against us.

Boro away- Strong at home apart from the result today.

Bristol City home- Doing very well. Came down from 2-0 down to win today.

Think I'd be happy with 7-8 points from that. I expect 4 points from Leeds-Millwall games.

It doesn't now matter. We have given ourself the best possible platform, I think for the first time in decades we are in a position where if we lose, we can write it off.