Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

Stick him in that wolves side he'd thrive. Yet we think blasting long meaningless balls into the corner flag is classed as service.

I dont know what people expect. We create nothing.

Obviously, he doesn't suit our style of play and it was fantasy to believe that we could play the sort of football that would get the best out of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

Stick him in that wolves side he'd thrive. Yet we think blasting long meaningless balls into the corner flag is classed as service.

I thought our midfield performance tonight was disjointed and woeful.

the front 2 was out of sorts too.

Midfield couldn’t compete today (because Bruce set us up wrongly and didn’t change it),  so we didn’t supply our forwards with much at all. Hogan needs a run, if he was the man he would score. I think he should be ahead of Kodjia at the moment - gives them both a chance to compete and show what they have when it counts.

Before He joined I described him as a poor mans Shane Long ( kinda in a positive way )

he can be that if we played a more uptempo game , but we play old man Whelan and a formation of side ways then hoof

he could thrive at a club , it won’t be this one 

55 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Obviously, he doesn't suit our style of play and it was fantasy to believe that we could play the sort of football that would get the best out of him.

What is our style of play? I couldn't name a player that fits our system because we don't have one. It looks like he's told them just to go out and do whatever you want. I have seen better structure to an under 9s game.

We have some players that can play football, Hogan with supply could be deadly. McCormack, Grealish and even O'Hare has looked useful from what I have seen.

16 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

What is our style of play? I couldn't name a player that fits our system because we don't have one. It looks like he's told them just to go out and do whatever you want. I have seen better structure to an under 9s game.

We have some players that can play football, Hogan with supply could be deadly. McCormack, Grealish and even O'Hare has looked useful from what I have seen.

Work hard, run around alot and rely on individual moments of quality to score goals.

• Like 1

When Hogan comes off the bench it's game over for Villa. Nothing sticks up front.

The best thing to do is loan him back to his old team and hope we can get 3m for him in the summer.

In Jan we need to buy/loan a back to goal striker (basicly a more experienced DAvis) a fast winger and a dominant midfielder. Have a look at the portugese u21 squad for candidates

It was hilarious how when he came on they kept trying to drop balls onto his head and hit it long to him. A classic example of Bruce pissing money up the wall on a player whom he has absolutely no plan for and absolutely no idea as to how to get the best out of. 

I genuinely hope that Bruce is sacked before we ship Hogan out because I think there is a good player in there (at this level at least). 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Should have taken Kodjia off first and let Davis partner him. Until that happens, or he plays off O'Hare or Grealish, it's still unfair to judge.

He's been here for 8/9 months and has scored 1 league goal. It's unfair to judge him? This guy gets some serious excuses made for him. How many others players get the idea they can't be judged until playing with certain players? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's been here for 8/9 months and has scored 1 league goal. It's unfair to judge him? This guy gets some serious excuses made for him. How many others players get the idea they can't be judged until playing with certain players?

OK, it's not completely unfair to judge. And if I were to, the judgement would be: he's been crap. Looked generally pretty crap and has a goal return reflective of that. But also consider that 8/9 months actually consists of:

Last season: 9 starts (7x >80 mins, 2 x <= 45mins), 4 sub appearances (1 x > 45 mins). This season: 3 starts (1x < 30 mins), 8 subs (1 x >= 45 mins). That's not playing time amounting to 2/3 to 3/4 of a season like 8/9 months sounds like (yes his playing time may have been limited due to him looking crap).

However I have seen moments of quality from him and his goal return, particularly in the first half of last season at Brentford, suggests he's much better than he has looked for us so far.

• Like 1

Stick him in that Wolves team and he would be banging them in.

If Bruce is staying then Hogan might as well go in Jan, we've got a 20+ million pound hole where our strikers should be at the moment and its going to cost us as the season goes on.

We can''t rely on a 19 year old kid to win us games every week in the Championship.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2017 at 19:44, villan_007 said:

Would he get in that Wolves side ?   couldn't't see them dropping Jota for Hogan

On 17/10/2017 at 12:59, rodders0223 said:

Start him against Fulham. It is now or never.

Why whats he done ?

I doubt he will start v Fulham - If he does its because of the lack of goals from Kjodia or Davis.

I don't get the 'Or Never' bit - Hogan looks set to be at VP for a good while yet - can see any offering close what we paid for him...

Â