Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Dick said:

He’s shit!

- He has never had a long run to find form

- He has been used off the bench when chasing a game or defending one

- He is not going to perform when we pump long balls to him 

Another player who has come in under Bruce and we don’t play to his strengths.

He has an equal run to Davis IMO. 

Davis has 2 goals and offers much more for me. 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Fixed.

A very poor player - be lucky if we get £3m for him. No real pace, dreadful ball control, and of course 1 goal in almost a year.  The defence of him is a source of continual amusement to me.

He's not 'a very poor player' - that's just nonsense. Very poor players don't score 21 in 35 prior to signing for us. 

You look at almost all of the goals he scored at Brentford and they came from him playing in a central position, making a clever run and finishing well past the keeper. Those are his strengths and we aren't playing to them. Bruce isn't utilising him correctly and you're slagging him off for things that aren't the reason why he commanded the fee he did. It's like bemoaning Terry's lack of pace because Bruce decided that he was a wingback. 

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's not 'a very poor player' - that's just nonsense. Very poor players don't score 21 in 35 prior to signing for us. 

You look at almost all of the goals he scored at Brentford and they came from him playing in a central position, making a clever run and finishing well past the keeper. Those are his strengths and we aren't playing to them. Bruce isn't utilising him correctly and you're slagging him off for things that aren't the reason why he commanded the fee he did. It's like bemoaning Terry's lack of pace because Bruce decided that he was a wingback. 

At Wolves, Sheffield United and a few others he would be having a lot of fun in front of goal. Instead he is just waiting for a long ball to bring down and lay off, or fly over his head.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick said:

At Wolves, Sheffield United and a few others he would be having a lot of fun in front of goal. Instead he is just waiting for a long ball to bring down and lay off, or fly over his head.

Don't think he would get in those teams with 1 goal in 12 months.

6 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Nar - DC has a vendetta 100%. It's surprising he hasn't given him a bad review for warming up on the sidelines.

As someone said above a perfect opportunity to see him in action with Davis and he get's thrown out wide left. Why?? so annoying.

Haha how is it a vendetta?

Commenting on another poor performance where he shows nothing seems a pretty realistic opinion to me. 

Once again his touch, his strength and his desire to get into a game looked woeful. 

45 minutes ago, hippo said:

Don't think he would get in those teams with 1 goal in 12 months.

Missing the point that he has not been given a chance to show how good he can be because he is either a) a sub or b ) having long balls played at him like he is 8 ft 9.

I think what I am learning is:

Bruce bought players with no intention of playing to their strengths

Moved their positions so they are not playing how they were at former clubs

Players struggle and it is not the fault of Bruce.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If he plays up front with Davis, I think he'll have a few opportunities in front of goal. 

Preston might be a good game for him. 

Maybe. At Brentford, he thrived off wide players making attacking movements and sliding through balls. We just don’t play like that. 

If Davis can hold the ball up and create as well, it could work. I actually think Kodjia and Hogan has the potential to be more potent but Kodjia would need to pass more quickly. 

Â