Jacob Bedeau

Jareth

Sensible move. We did well with the u23s at the end of last season, but can't help but feel the first team would be in better shape now if some of them had got some proper football under their belts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, siminjo said:

Really hope this doesn`t come back to bite us, because i`m fearing that`s exactly whats going to happen.

I'd trust JT to know what a good defender looks like. 

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Every cheap young signing is a gamble, there’s much to be critical of from that window, think we can let this one slide 

Wouldn't say nearly a million for a 17 year old was that cheap tbh, particularly with lack of premier league funds to waste.

Had forgot about him but surely a loan move would've been more logical unless he was homesick?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Wouldn't say nearly a million for a 17 year old was that cheap tbh, particularly with lack of premier league funds to waste.

Had forgot about him but surely a loan move would've been more logical unless he was homesick?

Not really. Once it’s decided no future, then there’s little point in keeping him on the wage bill.

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Every cheap young signing is a gamble, there’s much to be critical of from that window, think we can let this one slide 

I think to sign a kid for nearly a million quid and for him to not play a single minute of football here or anywhere else before being released EARLY from his contract is staggering to be honest.

Not even good enough to let go on loan and see how he does. Just a flat "you ain't good enough mate" is what gets me.

• Like 3

Â