Jacob Bedeau

Jareth

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

So is he back out on loan straight away? Or is he sticking around? 

Likely sticking around in the youth team. We likely need to see what he's all about for several months. He'll likely go out on loan in the Summer. 

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He has been starting at 17 for Bury. Why would we loan him? He clearly has potential. I'd hope to have him around the squad and give him some occasional minutes. 

Just my opinion but we'd loan him straight back because Bury are league one and he'll learn a damn sight more playing competitive football at that level than he ever will playing in a reserve league.

28 minutes ago, BOF said:

Just my opinion but we'd loan him straight back because Bury are league one and he'll learn a damn sight more playing competitive football at that level than he ever will playing in a reserve league.

Yea I guess that is true. I don't want to see us ruin another talented youth player.

Thy have we give him a 2.5 year deal?  Seem strange to me.  If he's so highly rated at 17 - you'd imagine a 4 year deal through to him being 21 would make sense?

2.5 year deal means he has this season to settle in the dev squad.  Pushes for a place next season, comes a regular the following season then can leave on a free, demand big money. 

Maybe i'm over thinking it, but I cant remember the last time I saw a 2.5 year deal.

• 1 year later...

Whatever happened to this lad? I know he's young but so are a lot of the other players who we're suggesting can make the step up while we're hampered by FFP. We are seriously short on numbers at CB and with Bruce trying out 3 at the back I'm surprised he's not been around the squad 

28 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Whatever happened to this lad? I know he's young but so are a lot of the other players who we're suggesting can make the step up while we're hampered by FFP. We are seriously short on numbers at CB and with Bruce trying out 3 at the back I'm surprised he's not been around the squad 

He's still around and he looked decent in the game at Telford a week ago, he's just young and Bruce always seems overly cautious about pushing the youth. 

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

He's still around and he looked decent in the game at Telford a week ago, he's just young and Bruce always seems overly cautious about pushing the youth. 

He said the kids would be given a chance on the OS about a week ago

Â