Jacob Bedeau

Jareth

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He said the kids would be given a chance on the OS about a week ago

He also said this week that everybody was there for sale, so he didnt have choice by then. ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skarroki said:

Whatever happened to this lad? I know he's young but so are a lot of the other players who we're suggesting can make the step up while we're hampered by FFP. We are seriously short on numbers at CB and with Bruce trying out 3 at the back I'm surprised he's not been around the squad 

I've watched him for the U23's and he's a good player, maybe a little too light weight at the moment and Suliman is slightly ahead of him in his development. It would be good to bring him in for some cup games and see what he can do, it all hinges on if Chester stays, and if we can get another quality centre back in on the cheap to replace JT/Samba.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought he was excellent for our u23s earlier today, I think he could be the answer to our centre back problems

Not unless there is a change of manager first..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought he was excellent for our u23s earlier today, I think he could be the answer to our centre back problems

He is a very good prospect -and only 18 (19 on Christmas Eve) - you can see why we paid Bury 900k for him.

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I thought John Terry was the answer?  ?

He is. Asking a lot for Jacob to come straight in and resolve our problems at the back and I don't want us doing his confidence. That said, we really should have given him a game in the cup whilst we were still in it and he's worth a place on our bench now so we can get a better idea on whether he might be ready for first team football now or shortly.

Edited by John
  • Like 1

I don't think he is anywhere close to men's football at the minute, purely on his physical size alone. It's the only position where I buy into the belief that you need to be physically ready to play senior football. I think he is miles off at the minute, looks about 11 stone ringing wet.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think he is anywhere close to men's football at the minute, purely on his physical size alone. It's the only position where I buy into the belief that you need to be physically ready to play senior football. I think he is miles off at the minute, looks about 11 stone ringing wet.

I dunno. Konsa and Mepham aren't the biggest blokes. Both 20. Doing very well for Brentford. But look...this shouldn't even be up for discussion. Bruce will play bolasie there before bedeau

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Any reason?

Nah, just wondering about this guy (and Suliman).

Considering the state of our defense and all that.

Other clubs seem capable of letting their youngsters play, we don't for some reason.

Â