Jacob Bedeau

Jareth

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-deal-agreed-12522324

Aston Villa will complete the signing of highly-rated young Bury defender Jacob Bedeau.

Villa have already seen two bids rejected for the youngster in the past week, but now the deal is almost complete.

The teenager will undergo a medical before completing a move on Monday or Tuesday.

Brass told the Bury Times : "They have got to where our expectations are and they have done their homework, as you would expect from a club of their magnitude," he said.

“The deal has not just happened overnight. It has been ongoing for a while.

“You have to make sure it is in the best interests of Jacob and the football club. He is going to be a fantastic player.

Maybe 99%

According to the Birmingham Mail, Aston Villa are closing in on a deal to sign Bury defender Jacob Bedeau – and Tony Xia following the player on Twitter has only increased speculation surrounding a move.

Villa have made five January signings in a busy month for manager Steve Bruce, as goalkeeper Sam Johnstone and right back James Bree have arrived, with midfielders Birkir Bjarnason, Conor Hourihane and Henri Lansbury joining them at Villa Park.

However, Villa lie nine points off a play-off place and Bruce may yet want more additions, with a six new signing potentially on the way in at Villa Park.

The Birmingham Mail report that Villa are closing in on a deal for Bury defender Jacob Bedeau, having returned with a new bid after failing with an offer worth £750,000 earlier this month.

Bedeau, 17, only joined Bury from Leyton Orient last summer, but he has been fast-tracked into the Bury first team this season, and has made seven first-team appearances for the Shakers this term.

His performance and potential appear to have attracted major interest, as ESPN reported earlier this month that Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United were all looking at Bedeau, but Villa appear to be closing in on his signature.

Villa fans have been left convinced that a deal is going through after club owner Tony Xia followed Bedeau on Twitter today, as seen in the image above.

Xia took similar steps with recent Villa signings James Bree, Conor Hourihane and Henri Lansbury, with the assumption now that his latest step on social media is another major hint that a new signing is arriving - this time in the form of teenage starlet Bedeau.

11 hours ago, DK82 said:

Exactly the sort of signing we should be making alongside the other sort of signings we should be making (and have, of course!). Well done Xia, Bruce, Round and the team.

Yeah, it's like there's an actual plan in place. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jareth said:

Seems to becoming a trend for us what with Bree as well. Can't remember where I read it but someone of note said recently the top flight clubs were beginning to notice Villa making moves investing in their scouting and overall backroom team - I imagine having our scouts watching the same sort of talent as Citeh and Utd is part of that observation. 

Maybe our scouting is just follow their scouts around

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TRO said:

what's his height ?

185cm or just under 6 foot one. 

3 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

Brass added that negotiations were still ongoing about the fineprint, and he is keen to work in a loan deal that would allow Bedeau to stay on at Gigg Lane until the end of the season.

"They have got to where our expectations are and they have done their homework, as you would expect from a club of their magnitude," he said.

“The deal has not just happened overnight. It has been ongoing for a while.

“You have to make sure it is in the best interests of Jacob and the football club. He is going to be a fantastic player.

I liked those comments in particular! :)

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Loan him back to them for rest of season, best for both clubs

**** what's best for Bury, to be honest. Unless they demand it as part of the terms of sale. 

If they're going to use him and the club think it will benefit his development, sure why not. Maybe they want to bring him in for the rest of the season to work with him themselves. Develop him here and send him back on loan in the future.

Whatever works best for Aston Villa. 

• Like 4

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

**** what's best for Bury, to be honest. Unless they demand it as part of the terms of sale. 

If they're going to use him and the club think it will benefit his development, sure why not. Maybe they want to bring him in for the rest of the season to work with him themselves. Develop him here and send him back on loan in the future.

Whatever works best for Aston Villa. 

Agreed. But the abov quotes did say that Bury wanted to loan him back as part of the deal. From what I read on here loans can mean that the development players train with us for a certain percentage of the week and then go to the loan club for games. That way for me is better for us as the more games younger players get the better it is. He's unlikely to get any games at us this season.

From having a quick scope at forums and articles I have picked a few things up about him.

• He has the potential to be a premier league player.
  • Bury fans are not too fussed on him leaving because they would prefer a more experienced defender. 
  • He is a John Stones type defender but physically has work to do.
  • He could possibly have a future as a holding midfielder.
  • He is very one footed but comfortable and calm in possession

For a player that has just turned 17 he has shown ALOT of promise but he needs time develop and gain experience.

I know a lot of players start from humble beginnings, but this lad was released by Leyton Orient in the summer. If he's good enough to sign for England's top clubs, why wasn't he brought in, even on trial, over the summer? Why did he end up being a bench warmer for a struggling, leaky Bury team if he's going to be a top talent? 

I'm glad we're looking to the future and I hope he turns out to be a top talent but the circumstances do confuse me

Â