Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Thought he was ok. Wouldn't have brought him on admittedly, but put himself about a bit.

Agreed, should have done better with that break down the left.

Yep, pretty much this. He definitely brings energy to the team but his end product needs some work. 

• Like 3

Ooh I've had my player appraisal quoted (albeit in a derisory way) but I've been quoted!

edit to elaborate 

I was trying to be succinct as I was doing something else and I ended up sounding like Tim Sherwood.

Like I said, I wouldn't have brought him on in the first place.

But when he came on, I think he showed plenty of energy going forward, always wanted the ball, made a decent interception. He looked like he had a bit more confidence about him. A bit more vigour.

Yes he should have done better with that one towards the end, agreed.

I wouldn't start him. I'm not sure I'd have him on the bench even. I don't feel at all convinced he has any worth as a utility player. I don't think he is going to be the difference between promotion and failure.

I just feel he wasn't "absolutely terrible" tonight.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
to elaborate
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, djdabush said:

Yep, pretty much this. He definitely brings energy to the team but his end product needs some work. 

Yeah totally agree, he has great ability and at times in the game it was like you wanted him to go into that bursting run and cut in and create something, but ran into danger and ended up going backwards instead.

Work on crossing and an end product and we will have a good attacking midfielder on our hands.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

**** useless. 

2 big chances towards the end, wastes a fantastic ball from Onomah and then can't stay onside. 

This! Can't believe some are saying he was good. Didn't even attempt a shot from the Onomah pass because he has the strength of a toddler the way he got muscled off the ball 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

played well when came on and showed for things, again he isnt a left winger not his fault

He's too lightweight and if he's a right winger he's too down the pecking order. Adomoh Snodgrass Elmo all better

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

played well when came on and showed for things, again he isnt a left winger not his fault

You seem to say this after every game. He is a professional footballer when does it become his fault? 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

You seem to say this after every game. He is a professional footballer when does it become his fault? 

When he plays for a half competent manager in his right position which he will do next week ;)

Looked pretty decent to me. Green was clearly tired, he hadn't had an impact for a while before Bruce brought him off. Birkir came on and had good energy, made some good forward runs, helped push their defence back.  OK he was marginally offside for one through ball, but hardly makes him the worst player to play for Villa in years ! Some of the hyperbole here is ridiculous. He was only on the pitch for 15 minutes. How could he have been THAT bad? 

It was also less than a week ago he scored and had an assist in a 4-1 win. I suppose he was terrible then as well? Or there is some reason why that performance doesn't count? 

• Like 2

Adomah on the left would have been much better. Bjarnason offers no quality and no end product, he had a great chance to deliver into Hogan and he held onto the ball far too long and lost it. He really doesn't have much ability at all. He might be more suited to a more advanced central role, on the flanks he looks very poor indeed.

Â