James Bree

Barney_avfc

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He did well today. He looks to me like a player with a run of games and some confidence will only look better and better. I'd bring in a new centre back and then move him to right back and give him the chance to make it his own. 

agreed, he needs his chance! (at RB - not LB, CB, DMC ORRRRRR STRIKER!!!! 😜)

Edited by MaVilla

Always knew the potential was there, he just needs to be guided and given the right encouragement. Coming from Barnsley to Villa can't be easy for someone so young, hopefully Dean has told him that mistakes are expected but it's how you react to them that is Important. He looked fearless today and hopefully will use the confidence from that performance to cement himself a regular place in the team. I know he's predominantly a right back but he showed some lovely positional play, which is a vital asset when playing centre  - half .

As soon as he is no longer required at centre back he needs to start getting game time at right back. Both full backs aren't currently good enough, constantly out of position or getting beaten.

Bree could easily be our future right back. He's been brilliant at centre back in the last two games.

I still don’t see anything special in this kid. Maybe it’s because he is quietly going about his business so doesn’t really stand out like Axel does for example. 

I’ll be happy for us to have Full backs that are not really that noticeable.  Will make a nice change from errors every game.  

It’s taken him quite a long time to establish himself here, mainly due to injuries but he is beginning to show why we signed him in the first place. He’s quite cultured on the ball, I rate him, don’t know if he’ll be a centre back or right back in the long term

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Has a bit of a Mark Delaney about him. Unnoticeable but does a solid job

Fullbacks should never be noticed in a defensive sense,  as Carragher said nobody grows up wanting to be Gary Neville

Of course not!  Gary Neville looks like an evil Mr. Bean...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still don’t see anything special in this kid. Maybe it’s because he is quietly going about his business so doesn’t really stand out like Axel does for example. 

I’ll be happy for us to have Full backs that are not really that noticeable.  Will make a nice change from errors every game.  

Yep, nothing special about him. At least not yet.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Has a bit of a Mark Delaney about him. Unnoticeable but does a solid job

Fullbacks should never be noticed in a defensive sense,  as Carragher said nobody grows up wanting to be Gary Neville

Except for Phil Neville. However, I’m pretty confident nobody, noooooobody, grows up wanting to be Phil Neville. 

• Haha 1

Â