James Bree

Barney_avfc

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

well form can be misleading, when they go up and down.....but in the main, I think it will be made difficult with them.

There are things they do are ok, but a bit limited for me....a bit rigid defensively and easily caught out of position.....I think we could do better.

I wrote that just after Bruce left, so whether DS can change my opinion, I'm not sure, but they are not getting any younger.

so Far, DS has surprised me with what he has managed to do.

It's great, don't you think? What DS has managed thus far I mean.

Whilst I agree that neither are getting younger, for me both are sufficient at this level for another season.

They do most things adequately and can contribute at both ends. This is important, even though they will never be standout assets.

We will need to do better soon enough, but I would not be scorning anyone for them seeing out the season.

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

It's great, don't you think? What DS has managed thus far I mean.

Whilst I agree that neither are getting younger, for me both are sufficient at this level for another season.

They do most things adequately and can contribute at both ends. This is important, even though they will never be standout assets.

We will need to do better soon enough, but I would not be scorning anyone for them seeing out the season.

yes, very encouraging.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Didn’t think he did too badly today all things considering ... yes should of not stood off for Clarke’s goal that split second hesitation cost him dear but overall I can’t criticise him. Hope he stays in the team now ....  though shifting to RB and gets a sustained run there .... #effoffelmo 

• Like 1

Really tough to come in after being hurt for months only to play center back against the best club in the division, and he did fine.

I hope he starts at right back, and Revan gets the start at center back. Honestly Smith, we all know what a shit situation Bruce left you with at center back. No one will complain if you give our youth a chance given the circumstances.

• Like 1

I think Bree could do a job at right back, which currently leaves us without a CB with any first team experience. I keep seeing Revan being mentioned, does anyone know anything about this lad, other than he’s innocent until proven guilty?

• Like 1

Â