James Bree

Barney_avfc

As much as it pains me, I think Hutton offers more at RB at the moment, especially going forward. It feels like Bree is a different player in my head than in reality; in which he seems a solid defender but not offering much going the other way. I really want to see this kid develop. 

If he isn't going to get a lot of games, get him out on loan. I think we need to decide is he's a RB or CB long term; if he can play in that position for half a season, it would be bloody useful.

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t get why this guys so rated by our fans. If Elmo  put in a display like Bree did against Wigan he’d be crucified. 

Good to loan him out so he can improve. 

Totally agree. Just because he’s young and not Hutton or Taylor, doesn’t mean he’s good. He doesn’t look to possess many of the qualities you’d want in a fullback for me.

Loan him out and see if he’s good enough. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Totally agree. Just because he’s young and not Hutton or Taylor, doesn’t mean he’s good. He doesn’t look to possess many of the qualities you’d want in a fullback for me.

Loan him out and see if he’s good enough. 

That’s fine, probably what will happen.

But I would have preferred it if we had determined whether he was good enough before paying £3m and whatever wages he’s been on for the past two years while not really playing him. I don’t see how much more we’re going to learn with him playing at Ipswich than what we should have known when he was at Barnsley.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

£1.2m wasn't it and I don't really think he is on the £23k reported to be honest.

I think it was a good a buy, or investment. He is still young and should hopefully develop.

I think it was undisclosed but the number doing the rounds at the time was £3m - we may have bought Hourihane for about £1.5m due to his contract about to expire.

I don’t think he’s on £23k a week, but he’s on a lot for a player that has hardly featured in two years and still have no idea if his future is with us.

He might still develop, a loan is a good move. But I don’t consider this to have been a good purchase considering the financial restraints we found ourselves in. For what it’s worth I don’t attribute much blame to Bree, I just think it was yet another example of some fuzzy thinking regarding this club’s transfer policy.

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Odd loan, but maybe they think he's going to be in and out if he stays.

At the moment, reminds me of Lowton, but not as good on the ball and can't cross half as well. Work to be done.

So nothing like Lowton then 😋 He solid defensively but poor going forward.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Can't say I'm overly happy about this, I think there's a decent player in there and would much prefer to have him in the side than Hutton or Elmo.

Neither Bruce (who signed him) or Smith rated him so all signs point to him not being good enough. 

Not good enough. Doesn't look comfortable coming forward with the ball and his crossing and distribution are poor. Yes, he can put a tackle in and track wingers but that's not good enough in a Dean Smith team. You need need to comfortable with the ball and not want to get rid of it as quickly as you can.

On 31/01/2019 at 17:33, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair you could see Ipswich we’re trying to play a possession game from the back. It will help that part of his game playing for them. 

As we saw ourselves it doesn't help anybody develop playing out from the back and being caught out time and time again. Mistakes mantally kill young players, and that's what Lambert did with our lot.

Anyway Bree played 90 today as Ipswich lost 1-0 at home. I think they are down but at a guess I am guessing they had at least 60% possession.

Edit :

Ipswich did not produce their first effort on target until the 83rd minute, when sub Trevor Chalobah's header from a corner was saved well by Keiren Westwood.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47010992

What a word removed that manager is.

Edited by rodders0223

Â