James Bree

Barney_avfc

On 27/12/2018 at 01:29, Dave-R said:

Read an article today suggesting if bruce goes to Wednesday then he will come knocking or should knock for bree and o'hare.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. That genuinely made me laugh out loud. 

Guarantee he will come back for Elmo and Jedinak instead.

7 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. That genuinely made me laugh out loud. 

Guarantee he will come back for Elmo and Jedinak instead.

Well I'm glad it made you laugh, it's good to know the humour exists around here.

Yes I would agree that he could take nearly all his players he signed, I say nearly all with the few exceptions.

Edited by Dave-R

I'd like him to get a run at full back, DS seems to trust him as he throws him in at CB, he could have played other older heads there, like Hutton for example, but he chose Bree. You can see that he isn't a natural CB, he kind of reacts to danger insted of spotting it, several times stands in the wrong position, doesn't follow his man, and doesn't have this natural instinct of a CB to throw his body in front of shots towards goals. The sooner he is replaced at CB the better, but hopefully this will give him experience to take with him to the RB position! 

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'd like him to get a run at full back, DS seems to trust him as he throws him in at CB, he could have played other older heads there, like Hutton for example, but he chose Bree. You can see that he isnät a natural CB, he kind of reacts to danger insted of spotting it, several times stands in the wrong position, doesn't follow his man, and doesn't have this natural instinct of a CB to throw his body in front of shots towards goals. The sooner he is replaced at CB the better, but hopefully this will give him experience to take with him to the RB position! 

He hasn’t played for ages though, so it will take him time to get up to full speed. Whatever full speed may be of course. Only time will tell if he’s good enough, but I think you’re right he’s more a full back than centre back, in physical stature if nothing else. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Hope to see elphick straight in and Bree moved out to the right. Deserves a chance in his proper position as Elmo doesn't deserve it after recent performances.

Couldn't agree more. I don't think Bree is a big upgrade on Elphick at CB, but I do believe Bree could be a big upgrade on Elmo at RB. 

Until we can bring in reinforcements, and given current injuries, I think our best back 4 probably looks something like this (obviously we would need to recall Clark).

Bree  Chester  Elphick  Clark

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s done ok. Would be happy to see him at RB when we get a proper CB playing. 

In the meantime would you play Elphick at CB and Bree at RB? I'm not a fan of Elphick but (It's easier to just quote myself)

47 minutes ago, av1 said:

I don't think Bree is a big upgrade on Elphick at CB, but I do believe Bree could be a big upgrade on Elmo at RB. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

In the meantime would you play Elphick at CB and Bree at RB? I'm not a fan of Elphick but (It's easier to just quote myself)

Absolutely. 

I think Elphick is pretty shit. But he’s better than not having a CB. 

Solid defensively.  Didn't offer much going forward, but Albert played well in front of him in the first half, probably because he had a fullback he could rely on behind him.  Needs to keep starting.

• Like 1

Â