Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

30 minutes ago, blunther said:

I don't think it's a matter of loyalty when you outgrow a player. Selling them on requires buy in from the player too, I'm sure Conor would rather we accepted a fair bid and let him go off and play football elsewhere than be 'loyal' and keep him til the end of the contract without getting a kick.

Not the smartest message from Conor with the drool, but it's just an emoji, let's not go mental about it. Been an excellent player for us and it's a shame to have him sitting idle. He should get the chance to go and bring another team up from the championship and have another go with them in the premier League. Good luck to him. 

Yes I am sure Conor would be happy enough to move on to another club to play even including a wage reduction. However there are many other players that we have had at this club that haven’t be cut from the same cloth as Conor.

Yes, I agree it was a silly post from Conor. I think he just loves the fact that he’s played with Jack, and a player of his obvious quality, for four and a half years. Yes though. Silly post.

Man wishes his mate well after joining best team in the country and one of the best in Europe. 

No story here!

Conor has bee a very good servant to us and part of the reason we turned around from being a mess of a relegated club to being the professional organisation we are now. He was part of the initial culture change at the club. 

He'll leave this summer as he wants to play regularly. He'll go with my best wishes and thanks for doing a very good job here. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Is he not going out on loan then? The championship season has started.

If we loan him out that’ll be another Bruce signing that we end up releasing on a free. I think that leaves McGinn and El Ghazi as the only signings left from his time in charge, and at least they won’t be leaving for free.

I nearly vomited thinking about what Bruce would have tried to do with the £100m for Grealish.

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I nearly vomited thinking about what Bruce would have tried to do with the £100m for Grealish.

Andy Carroll's move to Liverpool would become his second highest value career transfer.

• Like 1

Ive defended him as much as possible in this thread, think he has been scapegoated a lot in the past but he keeps bringing this on himself, it was only a year or 2 ago he was saying jack was too big for the club on Irish radio, really doubt he meant disrespect with his post here but my god man use your head

On 07/08/2021 at 11:22, jacketspuds said:

If we loan him out that’ll be another Bruce signing that we end up releasing on a free. I think that leaves McGinn and El Ghazi as the only signings left from his time in charge, and at least they won’t be leaving for free.

I nearly vomited thinking about Bruce

FTFY

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder of the good player he was and the contribution he made. 

He's just talked about now as though he is disposable. Thats football I guess! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just a reminder of the good player he was and the contribution he made. 

He's just talked about now as though he is disposable. Thats football I guess! 

He was quality for us in the Championship. He's probably a tad past his best overall, and was never really a proper PL player, but he made a massive contribution to this team and we absolutely would not have been promoted without him. 

• Like 3

Hourihane did a fantastic job in helping us get to the Premier League. However, we have moved on in terms of quality now.

The frustrating thing is we probably won’t even get a transfer fee for him. We will just loan him out until his contract expires and then release him on a free.

4 hours ago, Condimentalist said:

He was quality for us in the Championship. He's probably a tad past his best overall, and was never really a proper PL player, but he made a massive contribution to this team and we absolutely would not have been promoted without him. 

Hell, we'd probably have been relegated without him as well. Had more goal creating actions than anyone else in that team 2 seasons ago aside from Mcginn and Grealish and he played a lot less than them.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

Â