Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Really professional performance tonight and seemed to revel in being the senior pro, pulled the strings from deep midfield and one poor pass aside I don’t think he put a foot wrong.

Whatever else may be said about him, he’s been a superb pro for our beloved club.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dubliner said:

Should always be remembered fondly at Villa Park.

I hope for his sake he gets the move he deserves this window.

I'd be snapping him up if I were a Championship manager

I would too....must be wages.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dubliner said:

Should always be remembered fondly at Villa Park.

I hope for his sake he gets the move he deserves this window.

I'd be snapping him up if I were a Championship manager

Absolutely right.

His goal vs Albion in the play off first leg kick started our return to the Premier League. Will always cherish him for that moment alone.

Bloody bargain as well if he was bought for £1.5m. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Absolutely right.

His goal vs Albion in the play off first leg kick started our return to the Premier League. Will always cherish him for that moment alone.

Bloody bargain as well if he was bought for £1.5m. 

And the belter volley against Birmingham.

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Dubbed the next Henri Lansbury.

The Lansbury who could never get in the side, ahead of one Conor Hourihane? 

We've outgrown Hourihane, but he did a bloody good job for us in the Championship, and his spell at Swansea showed he still can. There's no shame in being a pro that can't quite make the step up to the PL, IMO. Especially considering he spent a few years in League 2. He's had a bloody good career. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The Lansbury who could never get in the side, ahead of one Conor Hourihane? 

We've outgrown Hourihane, but he did a bloody good job for us in the Championship, and his spell at Swansea showed he still can. There's no shame in being a pro that can't quite make the step up to the PL, IMO. Especially considering he spent a few years in League 2. He's had a bloody good career. 

He's definitely good enough technically to be a premier league player, but I think it's the speed and intensity that's just too much for him. He's been a fantastic servant and I hope he gets a move to somewhere he will be first choice before the window closes.

Â