Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

On 05/11/2019 at 11:19, useless said:

We've won six games in all competitions this season, Hourihane has started five of those games, and scored four goals.

Five of those games were against premier league opposition and the other we won 6-1, some might say it was only Crewe but we've lost similar fixtures in recent seasons. For me should be back in the starting line-up against Newastle, much more likely to score with him in the side.

Just want to say, we have only lost 1 match this season in which Conor has started and that was the very first match away to Spurs. 

He is so underrated in this team. He does a lot of little things right, and keeps the ball moving forward. We need that. If we want to win, we have to start him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Hourihane - Lansbury - Nakamba against Newcastle, but then Smith won't drop McGinn...

It's 2 weeks until that game, hopefully our players will be a bit more rested by then.

Obviously I hope McGinn doesn't feature much for Scotland in those pointless games against Kazakhstan and Cyprus 

He needs the rest.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 17:07, useless said:

Five of those games were against premier league opposition and the other we won 6-1, some might say it was only Crewe but we've lost similar fixtures in recent seasons. For me should be back in the starting line-up against Newastle, much more likely to score with him in the side.

I TOTALLY AGREE.  He is such a goal threat and a creative outlet.  Get him in.  Lansbury coming on ahead of him on Sunday made me wonder if he is now ahead of him in the pecking order.

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Sunday was difficult, he'd have done nothing just like everyone else.

If Grealish is back he's worth thinking about v Newcastle as we might have some good play.

Idk, I'd still think he'd be a step up above Luiz that game. He'd at least be a bigger goal threat.

to me he is under rated and under used,--- at the moment-corners and free kicks are real woeful- no matter who takes them---Conor at least has an idea what to do----furthermore he can and will shoot at goal,and DOES posess a goal threat,-----

unfortunately a lot he does seems to go unnoticed------the lad is best engaged going forward----and needs accomodating against Newcastle  and probably beyond.

10 hours ago, ExhallVillan said:

to me he is under rated and under used,--- at the moment-corners and free kicks are real woeful- no matter who takes them---Conor at least has an idea what to do----furthermore he can and will shoot at goal,and DOES posess a goal threat,-----

unfortunately a lot he does seems to go unnoticed------the lad is best engaged going forward----and needs accomodating against Newcastle  and probably beyond.

10 hours ago, ExhallVillan said:

that's what we are missing, when he doesn't play.....He is a good link between Midfield and attack too....I think we have to find a place for him.

as has been said we win more when he plays.

Edited by TRO

It is worth bearing in mind that his best performances and our teams have been reserved for the weakest teams we have played.

We certainly miss his delivery, and for me is the best finisher out of all our midfielders, but he isn't really creative when the ball in play, for me he is best used as a shadow striker. I believe he is vital to the squad but not really the team. Having only one player with good set pieces has been a handicap this season.

• Like 1

Â