Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Well done Conor, he may lack some control of the midfield and physicality, but you just can’t knock the goals and assists he gets. Links so well with Jack and Targett. His place to lose. 

All credit for him for buckling down to win his place back and then making it his place. Obviously a very good character 

• Conor has a wand of a left foot, must have telescopic sights on it.
  • Jack passes the ball with the deftness of touch of Ronnie O'Sullivan

There can't be a player in the league who can weight a ball like Jack....its like silk.

58 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Well done Conor, he may lack some control of the midfield and physicality, but you just can’t knock the goals and assists he gets. Links so well with Jack and Targett. His place to lose. 

All credit for him for buckling down to win his place back and then making it his place. Obviously a very good character 

Dean Smith said He explained to Conor why he was out against Liverpool and Man City for defensive reasons......he also said he had every intention of bringing him back for tonight.

On 24/11/2019 at 02:43, Tomaszk said:

Not a fan of Conor, consistently flatters to deceive.

I think Monday is a game for him though. I think we'll get around their box a lot and his ability to grab goals is unquestionable. Luiz didn't do enough v Wolves.

Did the business.

Two unbelievably good free-kicks. You could have Zanetti, Nesta, McGrath, Maldini across the back with Schmeichel in goal and I think we'd probably have scored that second. Just undefendable.

Still think we have to select his games. Tonight was perfect for him. I wouldn't be playing him v Chelsea or Sheff Utd. Man Utd and Leicester yes.

• Like 1

On 24/11/2019 at 10:35, villalad21 said:

Bruce has done better than Smith so far to be fair.

After watching that game last night, I would take what Smith is trying to do rather than Bruce every single second of every day of every week.

They may be 1 point ahead of us still but those 2 sides were world's apart. I wanted to know your thoughts on the different styles of management after last night's game?

• Like 2

On 24/11/2019 at 10:10, Mjvilla said:

Newcastle will more than likely sit in and try to hit us on the counter. Typical Bruce, hope for something to sneak a 1-0. We need players that can score goals and although luiz has shown he can, I'd still trust hourihane to take a chance over luiz. Definite starter for tomorrow for me. And will hopefully score in a 2-0 win.

Should have put some bloody money on it! 😂

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

We simply can't not play him. 

Our set pieces take on a whole new dimension with him in the side. 

I agree with that. One simply cannot ignore this.

I would play him for his set pieces alone.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Can anyone remember what we actually paid for Conor? I noticed Bruce last night deflecting attention away from how woeful his team was by taking credit for signing McGinn and Hourihane for £1m each. I was sure we spent £5-6m on him??

Martin Tyler said about three times during the game last night about how Bruce arrived at Villa when we were in financial meltdown. There was no mention of the money he spent in his first window on players he didn't ever actually play...

• Like 1

At the time it was reported that he signed for around £1.5m, which came as a bit of a suprise because earlier in the window the press were linking him to clubs for around £6m. I think we actually paid more for Bree.

Â