Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Very standard Hourihane. 

Didn't score, so did nothing. Losing Mane a real shame, didn't fancy following him? Pretty annoying actually.

Had his sniff around their box as well, I'd have backed him shooting there...especially when it's Wes waiting for it. Then the pass was poor anyway. Passing the buck though, I've seen that enough from him to know he'll do it wherever he can.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Very standard Hourihane. 

Didn't score, so did nothing. Losing Mane a real shame, didn't fancy following him? Pretty annoying actually.

Had his sniff around their box as well, I'd have backed him shooting there...especially when it's Wes waiting for it. Then the pass was poor anyway. Passing the buck though, I've seen that enough from him to know he'll do it wherever he can.

The goal keeper did well to cover, I don't blame him for passing.....Wes should have got in front of Virgil......its about reading the game and being proactive as opposed to reactive.....its part of the learning he needs to do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The goal keeper did well to cover, I don't blame him for passing.....Wes should have got in front of Virgil......its about reading the game and being proactive as opposed to reactive.....its part of the learning he needs to do.

Pretty sure the pass was nowhere near Wes. Hourihane's fault. Can't predict Hourihane passing it to the defender?

49 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Very standard Hourihane. 

Pathetic trying to blame Conor for his cameo in last few mins. As much as I love Doug luiz, he was non existent at times but Conor is guy who is targeted on here , pure agenda , ya he should have took on the shot himself but the same guys on here crucifiying him for not would be on here saying he should have squared it if Allison had stopped it , only problem with Conor is his name is not exotic enough

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Pathetic trying to blame Conor for his cameo in last few mins. As much as I love Doug luiz, he was non existent at times but Conor is guy who is targeted on here , pure agenda , ya he should have took on the shot himself but the same guys on here crucifiying him for not would be on here saying he should have squared it if Allison had stopped it , only problem with Conor is his name is not exotic enough

Nah, he put in a proper Hourihane of a performance there.

He could have shot or passed to Wes. Passing to the defender was a bad choice I think.

John McGinn isn't an exotic name, he's great.

33 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Really thought he was going to roof that shot but instead he passed it.

Same. Given his peach of a left foot, I actually expected him to score that even though the keeper did well to shut him down.

His set piece delivery is his saving grace, every other aspect of his game is barely Championship standard. He is just not a Premier League quality midfielder for me, not even close. He’ll be first out of the door in January if I was Smith, I’m surprised that he didn’t leave in the Summer just gone

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He couldn't score that chance, Alisson had the goal covered

Brighton keeper also had that goal covered for Targett's shot.

If you aim between the keeper's legs you's be surprised how many times it goes in.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He couldn't score that chance, Alisson had the goal covered

A low a shot or even across the keeper with the outside of the boot was on. Was a difficult angle but not impossible. Not that he exactly did the wrong thing, made sense to square it but it was still a chance.

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

His set piece delivery is his saving grace, every other aspect of his game is barely Championship standard. He is just not a Premier League quality midfielder for me, not even close. He’ll be first out of the door in January if I was Smith, I’m surprised that he didn’t leave in the Summer just gone

Wow, that's pretty damn scathing - don't think I agree with you there SGC.

Besides set pieces, he's got good attacking positioning, movement, passing, link up play is good, he's quicker than he looks, can finish and has a good eye for goal in general. 

His weaknesses are his inconsistent defensive work rate and the fact that he can go missing in games. The latter is certainly a big one though because if you go missing in games, you have no effect and all the positives aren't utilised, unfortunately. 

I think all in all, he's a good squad option to have but I'd have him on the bench or on in games where players need resting or the opposition is weak. 

• Like 2

Â