Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, Adman said:

Footballers want us to support them, sing their names, sell us their xxxx, pay their salaries, follow them on social media and then when they act like pr**ks we are supposed to accept its just a job to them and we should accept it.

No.  This sport and all the fame and fortune it brings them is emotive.  We invest our emotions into it along with our money and attention.  You can't expect one without the other.  We've just lost our captain who has traded on our emotions, earned vast sums of money, and left for our rivals and you want to publicly blow sunshine up his ass regarding his move?

Good one👍hope you're shipped out asap

Can't argue with a word of that.

35 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

are people really getting pissy over supportive messages to a friend?

eUpUndT.gif

The travesty 

You do realise, don't you, that his messages can be seen by highly emotive villa fans who may not appreciate the timing of his very public sentiments?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Like others have said, read the room. Im pretty sure connor has jacks number. Text him if he wants. Dont drool all over it so all our fanbase can see. This transfer is highly emotive and dont forget, connor has previous for trying to help sell jack

I think McGinn gets the balance right.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

are people really getting pissy over supportive messages to a friend?

eUpUndT.gif

The travesty 

Agree. Looks like people are looking for reasons to be upset. 

He posted 3 emojis. We are bigger than this, right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You do realise, don't you, that his messages can be seen by highly emotive villa fans who may not appreciate the timing of his very public sentiments?

I do realise

however, do you realise that Conor is just expressing support and an envious congratulations (in this case, to what number he got) to his friend? 

Yes emotions are high, but it's not an excuse to vilify anyone based upon said emotions for being openly happy for his friend. 

also why are we reading such comments when we are feeling like this? we are only asking to get hurt. I'm for one removed Grealish from my socials and not inclined to read any of his posts or the comments he's received, Im not keen to see them here either, but I'm a big girl, I can handle  it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cizzler said:

Can't believe he is still here to be honest.  If he plays for us at all this season we're in trouble.

Hopefully he'll be be drooling at Jack from the Championship soon enough.

No need for this. Scored almost 25 league goals for us, bought for peanuts. He’s literally turning up for work at the moment. It’s pre season. Of course he’ll move on. 

• Like 3

Big difference between a text message and a social media post, even for normal people with normal jobs.

For football players? Massive lack of awareness, and disrespect, from Conor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

No need for this. Scored almost 25 league goals for us, bought for peanuts. He’s literally turning up for work at the moment. It’s pre season. Of course he’ll move on. 

He’s not wrong though. Nice left peg, but slow of mind and body. Build like a pencil. Needs shipping out. No room for sentiment in football. Ta ra 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Not sure why you have any sentiment towards him, it’s clearly not reciprocated.

His 25 league goals are irrelevant. He’s not good enough and I’m shocked he’s still here. Hope he never plays another minute.

Surely not expected to play any part for us this season, even in the cups. Wages surely an option but I hope we find someone to take him, on loan or ideally for a small fee.

4 hours ago, Cizzler said:

Not sure why you have any sentiment towards him, it’s clearly not reciprocated.

His 25 league goals are irrelevant. He’s not good enough and I’m shocked he’s still here. Hope he never plays another minute.

I don’t fella. I just don’t get the hate for a guy who’s literally turning up for work, pre season camp. I said he won’t be here when the season starts. 

• Like 1

Don't get what the issue is here. Just sounds like people getting on his back for the sake of it. Hopefully the people commenting will also be having a go at Cash, Konza, McGinn etc. for their social media posts.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I don’t fella. I just don’t get the hate for a guy who’s literally turning up for work, pre season camp. I said he won’t be here when the season starts. 

I haven't insinuated I hate him. My comment was "I can't believe he's still here" and was directed at our lack of outgoing transfer activity, more than anything. 

He's copping some minor flak in here because he's posting drooling emojis on a public forum on a highly emotive topic. It was obviously going to touch some nerves when it's quite raw at the moment. It's not helped by the fact that he's previously ran to the media and declared Jack needs to leave us.

9 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Don't get what the issue is here. Just sounds like people getting on his back for the sake of it. Hopefully the people commenting will also be having a go at Cash, Konza, McGinn etc. for their social media posts.

I'm sure it will be forgotten in a week. Don't remember any of the others drooling at Jack leaving - but I agree it's trivial.

16 hours ago, Adman said:

Footballers want us to support them, sing their names, sell us their xxxx, pay their salaries, follow them on social media and then when they act like pr**ks we are supposed to accept its just a job to them and we should accept it.

No.  This sport and all the fame and fortune it brings them is emotive.  We invest our emotions into it along with our money and attention.  You can't expect one without the other.  We've just lost our captain who has traded on our emotions, earned vast sums of money, and left for our rivals and you want to publicly blow sunshine up his ass regarding his move?

Good one👍hope you're shipped out asap

We are all feeling a bit raw and rightfully so....the blowing sunshine up his arse has gone that flame is extinguished.....its now time to be philosophical.

This deal is good for both of us, only time will confirm it.

This does bring home the point of Player v Team....We all support Aston Villa and its them who should feature prominently in our thoughts....The club have done gambols in replacing his skills IMO...and in doing so ,will create a more balanced team...I still have one reservation on that, but we will see if we sign a midfield general.

We owe it to ourselves, to let go of Jacks Dream  and embrace the potential that has just joined our squad....we could be in for a huge pleasant surprise.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Â