Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

4 hours ago, poitier said:

I thought he had a really good middle thirty minutes against Duisburg, started slowly but grew into it and took control of the midfield, lovely pass to Elmo for the second goal.

he will benefit from the improved  balance.....he will be ok.

Edited by TRO

I think he has been a good purchase. The Villa is as big as its got for him so far in his career so it's taking him time to settle and feel like he belongs but I reckon he's going to have a good season. I will tip him for double figures in goals. And he'll easy match that in assists.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2017 at 13:26, poitier said:

I thought he had a really good middle thirty minutes against Duisburg, started slowly but grew into it and took control of the midfield, lovely pass to Elmo for the second goal.

ahhhhh was that Hourihane?, I thought it was that young un with the double barreled name that we were playing cos I was sure that he passed it with his right foot. Fair play

13 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

I think he has been a good purchase. The Villa is as big as its got for him so far in his career so it's taking him time to settle and feel like he belongs but I reckon he's going to have a good season. I will tip him for double figures in goals. And he'll easy match that in assists.

I just cannot see any midfielder getting above 5 goals each to be honest, and that's even if we have a good season and finish in the top 2.

14 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

I think he's the one that's struggled with the weight of the shirt as much as anybody. 

If he can overcome it, he'll be our 2nd most important player after Terry this season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

I think he's the one that's struggled with the weight of the shirt as much as anybody. 

If he can overcome it, he'll be our 2nd most important player after Terry this season. 

If last season is anything to go by Kodija will be our most important player. 

Houriane will be up there though.

• Like 1

There is enough competition in this midfield that Hourihane will have to fight for his spot, which is a very good thing. He can just focus on making one of those spots his rather than the weight of the shirt or expectations. He has had to fight his way through the divisions and I suspect there has been a bit of a leaning curve with each step. Once he finally gets going he will be unstoppable. All he really needs IMO is one of those free kicks to fly into the top corner and he'll be away.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2017 at 14:00, rodders0223 said:

I just cannot see any midfielder getting above 5 goals each to be honest, and that's even if we have a good season and finish in the top 2.

Conor will get zero.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Grealish doesn't play as a number 10 though.

He was on Saturday. Green was on the left and elmohadamy on the right. 

If we go 4231 Conor could do the central role and would likely to be at his best there.

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Conor will get zero.

I can smell a VT wager. 

I'll donate £20 if he gets less than 10 in all comps, you do the same if he gets more than 0 in all comps?! :D;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Conor will get zero.

Wow bold statement. 

This is a guy that scored 29 goals in 3 seasons at Barnsley (If wiki is to be believed), and has already scored a goal for us since joining the club in January. That averages out at 10 goals per season.

Now its completely irrational to assume that all our goals this year will come from our strikers, so where else are they going to come from? By your logic, goals are just as likely to come from defensive midfielders and defenders, as they are a guy thats averages 10 goals per year. 

Don't fancy your chances with that prediction to be fair pal. 

Â