Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He was not Bruce's signing he was Round's signing.

Bruce does not rate him as highly as the other players hence why he has signed two additional midfielders that can play in his position/

I don't get how you can't rate last season's top assist maker. Can you imagine Pep signing De Bryune, then playing Delph over him? This is pretty damn similar. Pep would be getting crucified each match, and rightfully so.

Bruce's XI today was pretty much exactly what most of us would have chosen, except Bacuna over Hourihane. No excuse to have Bacuna in the XI especially because Bacuna was gone for 3/4 of our preseason at the gold cup where he played HORRIBLY. Bacuna has given zero indication that he would do well.

If Hourihane is phased out because Bruce can't figure out how to use him, it really screams Bruce's inabilities. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nothing. Hourihane was an unused substitute, Villa were massively disappointing in the second half and Steve Bruce decided to bring Chris Samba on as a striker for the last five minutes. 

16 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Exactly. If he does that, there is a reason to start him in the future.

Certainly is a place up for grabs as bacuna did nothing to warrant holding onto it , o think hourihane is a great asset with set piece delivery too and with someone like JT in the box for corners would be an asset .

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Certainly is a place up for grabs as bacuna did nothing to warrant holding onto it , o think hourihane is a great asset with set piece delivery too and with someone like JT in the box for corners would be an asset .

I agree.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We aren't at the top level.

And? That's my point. We were, Bacuna played some good games there, scored goals there. This supposed better player can't even do it in this league for us. 

• Haha 1

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

And? That's my point. We were, Bacuna played some good games there, scored goals there. This supposed better player can't even do it in this league for us. 

So Bacuna played in the prem so that makes him better? 

Using that logic weimman is better than Kodjia. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He was not Bruce's signing he was Round's signing.

Bruce does not rate him as highly as the other players hence why he has signed two additional midfielders that can play in his position/

How do you know for sure he was not Bruce's signing...

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

bacuna was never ever good at yhe top level.  he ran around a bit more than the other lazy garbage we had at the time.  he was ok as a right back occasionaly and he hit 2 good free kicks.  bacuna will always suffer from poor passing and slow decision making.  which is why he loses posession so often.  hourihane has never been given the chance to play his natural position for us for more than the odd game.  he is obviously better than Bacuna and him not playing probably means Bruce has to decide between lansbury and hourihane so we can sell one to raise funds.  I expect him to leave before the close of the window but think that is a mistake and we'll regret it.

I would have started him but to be fair yesterdays game was crying out for an energetic midfielder like Bikir as Whelans legs were gone. 

Hourihane and Lansbury are too similar and cant play together. He prefers Lansbury. 

I think Hourihane Onomah and Jedinak will be our best midfield trio. Bit of everything in the trio. We lacked physical presence in midfield. Whelan is good but hes no MIle. 

Conor is proven at this level. He was amazing last year. Bruce needs to get his head examined. Play him.. but not with Lansbury. They are shit together

Â