Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Benched again today :wacko:

Wrongly so in my opinion - he has the highest assists and yer in a team that created **** all was left out in favour of bacuna ? 

I like Bruce but don't agree with this selection of bacuna .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Wrongly so in my opinion - he has the highest assists and yer in a team that created **** all was left out in favour of bacuna ? 

I like Bruce but don't agree with this selection of bacuna .

you never know, he could have a minor knock that he could play through if duty called but wouldn't be wise to start a game with. could be feeling a little under the weather. could have missed a few training sessions this week for family reasons. could have been kept up all night last night by a neighbour playing loud music.

maybe not, and this isn't a go at you at all, but I think people simplify selection decisions a little.

I was expecting a big more from him than I have seen so far if I am being honest. I was expecting him to keep the ball more and dominate his opponent.He can clearly strike the ball well.

but early days.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I was expecting a big more from him than I have seen so far if I am being honest. I was expecting him to keep the ball more and dominate his opponent.He can clearly strike the ball well.

but early days.

Some players take 6 months to even a season to fully settle mate.

• Like 2

On 09/04/2017 at 23:49, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some players take 6 months to even a season to fully settle mate.

Indeed. I submit exhibit A.  Stiliyan Petrov. 

• Like 2

For me he has been a let down. But as I said after his first few games here, I really do not think he's playing for a manager and in a system that will truly get the best out of him. His main highlights here have been the quality of his set pieces, but we're not getting him on the ball both enough and in the right areas to unlock his ability to create chances and assists from open play.

I wouldn't hold out a huge amount of hope that he will 'come good next season' unless Bruce does some serious soul searching and comes back to training in preseason with a fresh set of ideas and playing philosophies. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Everything goes past our midfield, it's not really his problem. His set pieces were on point again today at least. 

Another good player bought in January but not being played to his strengths - we are set up far too negatively especially at home .

Bruce has signed good players but he needs to get the best from them - not change their game.

He wasn't great but that was a brilliant ball to Kodjia in the second half. Maybe a fraction ahead of him but the vision was unbelievable for what we're used to from a villa team.

Can't remember who took the corner for the Chester equaliser but again we look so much more threatening from set pieces with him and Lansbury in there....could've easily scored another in the second half.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He wasn't great but that was a brilliant ball to Kodjia in the second half. Maybe a fraction ahead of him but the vision was unbelievable for what we're used to from a villa team.

Can't remember who took the corner for the Chester equaliser but again we look so much more threatening from set pieces with him and Lansbury in there....could've easily scored another in the second half.

Hourihane took the corner .

I'd forgotten that ball in - it really was excellent. 

He wasn't bad today, he saw loads of the ball, he just isn't quite clicking - you get the feeling that he just needs one or two things to go right and he'll got on and do well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd forgotten that ball in - it really was excellent. 

He wasn't bad today, he saw loads of the ball, he just isn't quite clicking - you get the feeling that he just needs one or two things to go right and he'll got on and do well.

Bruce setting us up to play to his strengths more would be a good start.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A goal from twenty yards next week would probably do the trick too.

Wasn't far off today with that shot - he's been close on several occasions for us whereas they seemed to go in for him at Barnsley - the goals will come.

• Like 1

Â