Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

18 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Just like Hogan and Lansbury, a player that was playing really well when he arrived yet so far has failed to find anything close to the same level of form or performance.

I don't personally think that is a coincidence.

yeah there is definitely a reason in there. however, let's not forget that all those players had been playing for their respective clubs for a good couple of years before being thrown together at Villa having only played half a season together. if we're still seeing the same ol' same ol' after say 10 games into this season then I'll be throwing all my two eyes at the management. until then I remain cautiously optimistic.

20 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Just like Hogan and Lansbury, a player that was playing really well when he arrived yet so far has failed to find anything close to the same level of form or performance.

I don't personally think that is a coincidence.

I don't disagree with this. There is something there. But I do think it's possible to succeed here aswell.

I'm going to be pretty angry if Hourihane gets phased out with Onomah now in the squad. Hourihane was the league leader in assists and had a decent amount of goals before he signed for us. 

If Hourihane gets limited minutes due to a loanee that we will not be able to keep, it will really show that Bruce has no clue what he is doing with signings. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I'm going to be pretty angry if Hourihane gets phased out with Onomah now in the squad. Hourihane was the league leader in assists and had a decent amount of goals before he signed for us. 

If Hourihane gets limited minutes due to a loanee that we will not be able to keep, it will really show that Bruce has no clue what he is doing with signings. 

I think us getting players like Onomah, whelen and Elmo will bring out a better side to Hourihane and Lansbury. There are now quite a number of players on the same wave length so hopefully we see that translated into good performances and results.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

players have to step up to the plate and do the business......and that includes John Terry.

what they have done at previous clubs has only got them here......what they do for us, keeps them in or out of the team.

• Like 1

I want to see him do well here much like anyone else that puts on our shirt. I think that we're getting some healthy competition into the squad. I doubt we'll see little of him this season though because he has the ability and I believe it'll translate to a lot of game time.

I want to see him do well here much like anyone else that puts on our shirt. I think that we're getting some healthy competition into the squad. I doubt we'll see little of him this season though because he has the ability and I believe it'll translate to a lot of game time.

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

players have to step up to the plate and do the business......and that includes John Terry.

what they have done at previous clubs has only got them here......what they do for us, keeps them in or out of the team.

Spot on. Too much "look what Bruce did at Hull, look what hourihane did at barnsley ". OK,  they gonna live off that. Need to step up and do it here.

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Hourihane was Bruce's signing, there is a will for him to succeed. I think our midfield will rotate a bit. Lots of games with the cups. Onomaha can play defensively too - alongside Whelan in a central pair behind the attacking 3. Jedinak hasn't got a full season in him, and whelan will need resting. If Hourihane bucks up he is nailed on starter.

Edited by thunderball

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Hourihane plays well and performs - no issue. 

Hourihane continues to underperform - good to have other options.

7 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Hourihane plays well and performs - no issue. 

Hourihane continues to underperform - good to have other options.

I agree with you there. I just want Hourihane to be given a fair chance. He is really good. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I agree with you there. I just want Hourihane to be given a fair chance. He is really good. 

I think he will struggle for game time,  really hasn't shown a single thing since he has been here. Fell behind Bacuna last season and hasn't looked good pre season either.

27 minutes ago, KHV said:

I think he will struggle for game time,  really hasn't shown a single thing since he has been here. Fell behind Bacuna last season and hasn't looked good pre season either.

He was like Veretout. Came to us with high regards, and it hasn't worked out so far. It could be not gelling with the team, or the tactics not suiting him, but it's pretty silly that Bacuna somehow is preferred. Bacuna was just as bad if not worse than Hourihane for us last season. Bacuna offers very little going forward or defending. He is just a tall body who was able to hit freekicks 3 years ago. 

Should have started today instead of Bacuna. I won't even get started on Bacuna We'd be a lot more dangerous from set pieces if he did. I expect him to be given a start against Colchester on Wednesday night. I hope he takes it! Good player for me.

Edited by Killeen30
  • Like 2

This is a strange one but it's still only the first game of the season.

I'd be disappointed if we sold him off. It's a new season he deserves another chance atleast. Some of the players in the squad are on their 2000th chance so it would be extremely harsh if we let him go on the basis he hasn't show anything last season.

Â