Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

9 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Connor is like my old school reports....

'Must do better'

Sounds more like an assessment of my old girlfriends than a school report. 

I'd go with 'has obvious talent, needs to work on his confidence and start contributing more in class' 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

I got him on the back of the new home shirt, kiss of death. So if he has a bad season it's nothing to do with anyone but me, just blame me haha!

I've a bad record.

You think you have bad luck, the last 2 players I got on the back of my shirts were Bacuna and Westwood. I haven't even bought a shirt since, let alone got a name on the back, for fear of ruining someone's life whilst wasting £70. I don't know what's worse. 

I fear Hourihane may now be cursed, along with Lansbury, with the VillaTalk "let's choose a new position for a player". He's not a number 10, he shouldn't be playing there. If we want the best out of our players we need to start playing to their strengths rather than shoehorning them all into positions on the pitch that suit a couple of their attributes. 

13 minutes ago, skarroki said:

You think you have bad luck, the last 2 players I got on the back of my shirts were Bacuna and Westwood. I haven't even bought a shirt since, let alone got a name on the back, for fear of ruining someone's life whilst wasting £70. I don't know what's worse. 

I fear Hourihane may now be cursed, along with Lansbury, with the VillaTalk "let's choose a new position for a player". He's not a number 10, he shouldn't be playing there. If we want the best out of our players we need to start playing to their strengths rather than shoehorning them all into positions on the pitch that suit a couple of their attributes. 

Luke Moore.

Craig Gardner.

Martin Laursen (his last season when he retired half way through, legend though).

Gabby Agbonlahor (his last semi decent season, ALONG time ago).

Stan Petrov (the season he got ill, still so much love for him though).

Brett Holman (started decent, a trier but terrible).

Gary Gardner (after his goal against the scum last season).

I am sorry about Hourihane. I know I should have picked Gabby or Hutton, but I couldn't bring myself to and I'm desperate for Hourihane to do well!

But yeah Bacuna and Westwood?!

Edited by Killeen30

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

7 goals and 14 assists last season is very impressive for a player that contributes nothing

most assists in the division by a distance

How many for us ? Makes no odds to me what hourihane done in a barnsley shirt.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I really hope it clicks for him in open play. His set pieces are superb. Needs to have confidence to get into the box more and to pull the trigger from outside the box. He scored some absolute belters at Barnsley. 

He was starting to do this for a spell of a few games in March, scored, forced an OG and missed a couple of chances himself, but he was getting into good positions, then Bacuna's suspension ended :angry:

I've still got high hopes for him. 

54 minutes ago, Mammoth10 said:

He was starting to do this for a spell of a few games in March, scored, forced an OG and missed a couple of chances himself, but he was getting into good positions, then Bacuna's suspension ended :angry:

I've still got high hopes for him. 

Yes he did, and I also have high hopes for him!

11 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

How many for us ? Makes no odds to me what hourihane done in a barnsley shirt.

same division so not like was a different level, Management job to find a system to get that out of him

• Like 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

Think the player has some responsibility too, eh?

maybe but all depends on his instructions. 1st few games he was played on right of midfield when he is clearly left footed. Maybe he isnt allowed be as adventurous as Barnsley allowed him

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Just like Hogan and Lansbury, a player that was playing really well when he arrived yet so far has failed to find anything close to the same level of form or performance.

I don't personally think that is a coincidence.

Yup. They've all performed well in teams that play football. Simples.

• Like 1

Â