Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

On 8/4/2017 at 18:08, Czechlad said:

I'm going to be pretty angry if Hourihane gets phased out with Onomah now in the squad. Hourihane was the league leader in assists and had a decent amount of goals before he signed for us. 

If Hourihane gets limited minutes due to a loanee that we will not be able to keep, it will really show that Bruce has no clue what he is doing with signings. 

To be honest, I didn't think he should have been named in the squad straight away after having only trained with us for 1 day, seems a bit of a piss take, he isn't Neymar. lol

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest, I didn't think he should have been named in the squad straight away after having only trained with us for 1 day, seems a bit of a piss take, he isn't Neymar. lol

Yea the fact that Onomah signed for us only a couple days ago and got minutes before Hourihane really makes me question Steve. Hourihane was Steve's signing. 

• Like 1

Imagine winning the assist league in the division the previous season and then ending up behind Bacuna, a guy who's only been at the club half a day and Samba in the picking order when the new season starts :wacko:

• Like 4

Pissed off id imagine, its how anyone would feel. Hourihane has enough about him to keep his head down and be professional about it. He's grafted to get to Villa, he isn't the type of player to stop now. 

I expect him to start on Wednesday, let's see how he does there against Colchester.

if this continues I can't help but feel that it's down to me for getting him on the back of my home shirt haha.

• Like 1

It does make you wonder. 

Is he just not doing it in training? Is there something else? 

He's not been the player we bought, I know that, but I don't think he was 'bad' last season, just a bit anonymous at times. Playing within himself. 

I'd have him in the side for set pieces alone. Lost count of how many corners and free kicks in their half we had today, don't think one was a good delivery. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Doesn't run around enough. Sure, he might get goals and assists, deliver a mean ball and pick a pass but he doesn't cover nearly enough ground...and as we all know, that is all that matters in this game.

That may well be the case, but I reckon he would be more of an upgrade on todays game than bacuna, who did more of getting in the way of our attacks and breaking down any passing momentum we had. 

• Like 2

Hope he isn't one who's sold, but it does seem strange he didn't even get on today.

Yes he's not looked as good as he did pre joining us, but we were crying out for someone who could actually keep possession and calm things down - Whelan was tiring and Bacuna wasn't really adding anything. I think he would have been an ideal sub after 50/60 minutes (although tbf I would have started him anyway) 

• Like 1

Give Bruce the league's top scorer and top assister, and Bruce will still start Gabby and Bacuna over them...

Maybe if your "tactics" don't suit the best players in the league, you should adjust your tactics. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's frustrating because he has obvious talent and he's capable of giving us exactly what our midfield is missing. 

I hope he gets a start midweek and gives it some. We need him to come good. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Give Bruce the league's top scorer and top assister, and Bruce will still start Gabby and Bacuna over them...

Maybe if your "tactics" don't suit the best players in the league, you should adjust your tactics. 

It seems Bruce is unwilling to change his tactics. Years ago managers had to be more flexible but you couldn't sign 30 players in a year.

Â