Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

On 28/09/2018 at 15:30, Zatman said:

Its just picking up stats and signing players. That season we signed McCormack, Lansbury, Hogan and Hourihane and I doubt any was watched and only Hourihane has done well here

In my opinion, Lansbury and Hogan could still do well here

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Reports suggest DS likes to commit men forward and from what I've seen of Lansbury he can pass and move and doesn't mind a ping at goal from range.

Lansbury would have to step it up a notch or three and show what he brings to the table if he's to displace Grealish, McGinn or Hourihane.

9 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Maybe DS could coach him to become a deep lying playmaker. 

If you asked Bruce to do that he would respond with, what's a playmaker?

There is no coaching Lansbury at his age. Lazy half arsed footballer that turns up about 4 times every 40 games. He is shit

To play in a passing side, even at the base you need to be constantly.on the move, constanty shifting, dropping off, being in the right place to intercept or win the ball, on your toes all the time. The best players make it look easy.

Lansbury can't run.

On 11/10/2018 at 21:52, rodders0223 said:

To play in a passing side, even at the base you need to be constantly.on the move, constanty shifting, dropping off, being in the right place to intercept or win the ball, on your toes all the time. The best players make it look easy.

Lansbury can't run.

I told people this before we signed him, I saw plenty of him at Forest. 

On 11/10/2018 at 21:52, rodders0223 said:

Lansbury can't run.

I'm sure he can, he's just not arsed doing it. Always struck me as a player who thinks he's alot better than he actually is. He probably still thinks he should be playing for arsenal. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'm sure he can, he's just not arsed doing it. Always struck me as a player who thinks he's alot better than he actually is. He probably still thinks he should be playing for arsenal. 

Well in the summer he was sounding people out about going back to Forest let alone Arsenal so far out the picture was he under Bruce... 

On 27/09/2018 at 13:11, lapal_fan said:

He's got talent, but his application is shocking.  

He can kick a ball as sweet as a nut, he can play and see passes other players can't, but he's a lazy son of a bitch.  He plays when he wants.  He's got dirt in him, he likes a niggle at other players, but as soon as the going gets tough, he's a hider.  

He has a lot of technical ability, he can play the game, but he never gets stuck in enough, he never busts his gut enough to get into positions, he just glides around, being ineffective.  

He should be able to boss games in this league because other players in the league don't have his technical ability, but he just doesn't have to drive or determination to make him anything other than an expensive luxury player.  He certainly shouldn't be played as a CDM, because he's so lethargic.  

He's the epitome of someone at school who is brilliant when he gets the ball, but off it, he just couldn't care less. 

It's a shame really. 

A lot of "he's" in there ain't there? :lol:  

Not a lot to correct then ?

On 12/10/2018 at 09:52, rodders0223 said:

Lansbury can't run.

You are right. The few Forest fans I know weren't that fussed that he left. I agree with people that Bruce doesn't know how to utilise a player properly but for all the times I've watched and checking stats 23 games +60 mins mostly AM according to transfermarkt I don't think he'll force himself into starting line up. 

I lose track on here how often players get better in people's minds the longer they don't play

Edited by Kiwivillan

On 15/10/2018 at 04:29, Kiwivillan said:

I lose track on here how often players get better in people's minds the longer they don't play

Salifou syndrome. It's a wonderful and mysterious phenomenon.

• Like 1

Â