Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

12 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Looks like he’s a member of the coaching staff in his cameo in this video:

He looks real busy doesn't he?.. for all we know, he might train really hard, help dean put the cones out..turn up early, go home late and even help the tea lady wash up.. but we don't know, so from the outside, we presume he is stealing a living.

1 minute ago, handsworthlion said:

He looks real busy doesn't he?.. for all we know, he might train really hard, help dean put the cones out..turn up early, go home late and even help the tea lady wash up.. but we don't know, so from the outside, we presume he is stealing a living.

Personally think he gets unfair criticism, whenever he plays he looks decent enough but just doesn't have the pace for the Premiership. He is a good character to have around.

He is just stuck in a spot where he can't cut it in the prem but earns too much for a champ club to afford, not his fault.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Personally think he gets unfair criticism, whenever he plays he looks decent enough but just doesn't have the pace for the Premiership. He is a good character to have around.

He is just stuck in a spot where he can't cut it in the prem but earns too much for a champ club to afford, not his fault.

I still think we need to offload him, he isn't good enough for us and for the wages he is reportedly on too he needs to be shipped out.

If Villa need a character around, I'm happy to play 'Coco the clown' for £9k a week if it means freeing up another slot in the first team.

:trollface:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Looks like he’s a member of the coaching staff in his cameo in this video:

To be fair he's looking good just standing there telepathically telling the players what to do. 

As for Barkley the way he controls the ball into space and just manoeuvres it away and releases it at the right time is class.

• Like 1

As others have said though, its not his fault he's been contracted to play for us until the end of the year. He's also unlikely to agree to getting less overall money to be chucked out the door via a paid contract termination, especially as the transfer window is nearly over. The guy probably would prefer to be training here than mooching around at home unemployed.

So when people are saying "it's worth keeping him around as he's a good character" there's no additional cost to the club to do so. Nobody is advocating extending his contract. We're already committed to paying him a massive stack of cash until the end of the year and we'll have to pay most if not all of it even if we buy out his contract (or even loan him out).

Fair play to the guy. If my job offered me a contract on crazy money for multiple years, I wouldn't voluntarily take a massive pay cut just because halfway through they decided they didn't want to use me any more.

• Like 2

from the club's perspective if he's generally a good character to have around, it makes no sense paying him off. you only tend to do that with the disruptive players

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

from the club's perspective if he's generally a good character to have around, it makes no sense paying him off. you only tend to do that with the disruptive players

Exactly. Squad morale is so vital, and at the moment it is high. By all accounts, Lansbury is well liked, has a good attitude about his situation and is a part of those good vibes, so disrupting that would be a very bad idea.

42 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

As others have said though, its not his fault he's been contracted to play for us until the end of the year. He's also unlikely to agree to getting less overall money to be chucked out the door via a paid contract termination, especially as the transfer window is nearly over. The guy probably would prefer to be training here than mooching around at home unemployed.

So when people are saying "it's worth keeping him around as he's a good character" there's no additional cost to the club to do so. Nobody is advocating extending his contract. We're already committed to paying him a massive stack of cash until the end of the year and we'll have to pay most if not all of it even if we buy out his contract (or even loan him out).

Fair play to the guy. If my job offered me a contract on crazy money for multiple years, I wouldn't voluntarily take a massive pay cut just because halfway through they decided they didn't want to use me any more.

And to be fair there is no guarantee he find another club in this current climate, Andre Green is yet to find a club

On 25/09/2020 at 18:53, villalad21 said:

His hair due is absolutely shocking.

He's read this and gone for a cut!

10 minutes ago, yayoboy said:

Lansbury's locks have gone 😮

Still sexy beautiful.

Even more so if anything. Depends who you ask.

Â