Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

Makes no sense to play him at all.

Smith even said during the week the midfielders we had and didn't name him. I understand the lads are going to have a shift on Sunday but if Lansbury is the answer there is something wrong with the question.

Good chance for a trip to Wembley pissed away tonight giving players who aren't good enough and by the looks of it don't want to fight for a spot.

• Like 2

Dropped further and further back because he cannot keep up with 90 minutes’ of football. We all know this happens to some pros, but when they fall back and play the quarterback like that, you expect some leadership. The other issue about him dropping off the play like this is that he cannot tackle. He can’t break up play. 

In games like this, you’re meant to use your experience to lead the side. He was one of the oldest members of the team out there and he offered nothing: no guile, no leadership, no nous. What is he actually for?

I’m done with joking about how good looking he is, how jealous we all are of his life, or what a nice guy he is. I’m done. He is taking up a valuable place in the squad. I don’t really care if he’s Jack’s bootman or best pal: he has no place in a PL squad, especially one that is trying to improve. Pay him off and let him go. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's his worst performance for Villa I think. 

He might get one in the cup in January, if not, we'll have to wait until September to see if he can put in a better one.

He'll be gone by then... contract ends I think 

• Like 1

What a disaster he has been. Has contributed very little but when we have some kind of success you he is the first to put pictures celebrating and trying to be centre of attention.  But he did nothing to help with that success.

He was absolutely SHIT today

Easily his worst performance for us however I genuinely think he usually does a decent job when called upon. I feel it for him because in all honesty his career trajectory hasn't been his fault and he clearly has natural ability. 

Go easy on him fellas 

6 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

An unspeakably bad performance on what might be his last start for us ever. What a strange 5 years it has been. I wonder where he will end up next? 

I doubt the wages he would want no championship or below that level would be able to afford to spend it on him per week.

Best bet for him is seeing if a MLS club wants sign him when he leaves here.

Edited by Villan4Life

Â