Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Can I block an entire VT thread? I want to pretend this thread has moved to Other Football. 

There’s nothing left to say about this guy. We’re going around in circles and it’ll continue that way until Henri leaves on a free next summer and signs for Aldershot Town or someone. 

I think he's more chance of signing for elite modelling agency.

Coming from the traore thread and saying we didn't get him on the ball enough last night

Was just me who thought lansbury was trying to go full quarter back last night? He loved the right foot 40 yard ping to El ghazi, the fact that it was inconsistent as **** didn't stop him either 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Keeping someone around because they’re popular in the dressing room is not the way to go. Mark Bunn was popular, and he was also shite. Looks like we’re stuck with him though thanks to the ridiculous contracts handed out by the previous charlatans. 

Lansbury’s passing is decent, but his acceleration, pace, dribbling, tackling, pressing, shooting and heading are far from alright. What the hell was that header last night? Did he not want to mess up his new hair cut? 

I'm not advocating paying mates 500k a week, but have you ever played on a team full of randoms vs on a team full of your mates?

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Judging by his performance he certainly is a Championship level player but he doesn’t look as sharp as he was against Crystal Palace last season. 

The simple reason why he is still at the club is because he an influencer in the dressing room and is very good to have around the team.

He is probably considered not good enough to start a match but perhaps good enough to play the last 20 minutes of a Premier league game.

That and nobody will pay him the 40k a week salary we are paying him ;) 

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Judging by his performance he certainly is a Championship level player but he doesn’t look as sharp as he was against Crystal Palace last season. 

The simple reason why he is still at the club is because he an influencer in the dressing room and is very good to have around the team.

He is probably considered not good enough to start a match but perhaps good enough to play the last 20 minutes of a Premier league game.

I refuse to believe that the dynamic in the squad will fall to pieces if lansbury were to leave. **** me if they want someone who's good to have around the team, i'll come into BMH and tell a few jokes for a fraction of the money he's being paid.

and i dont think he's good enough to play any number of PL minutes. if anyone put in a bid of 6 figures upwards, i'm pretty sure we'd accept it. the fact that they haven't says it all.

• Like 2

He'll run his contract down and end up at a mid to lower table Championship club, I imagine. I'd be very surprised to even see him come on as a sub in the league.

He's so far down the pecking order, I'd happily pay some of his wages but loan him out to anyone who'll pay a contribution just to get some of his wages off the books.

if he is indeed on 40k pw, i'd say we'd be happy to pay up to around 15k/20k of his wages. which means we need to find a champ club that are willing to pay him 20-25k pw in the midst of a global pandemic with no fans coming through the turnstiles. it's just not going to happen.

i agree he'll run down his contract. and i have no ill will towards him for doing that. some fans loathe players for doing that, knowing full well they'd do the same in that position. if he's not a bad influence, which it doesn't seem like he is, might as well keep him around.

who knows, maybe our whole midfield will test positive for COVID. we might need him.

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He has deactivated his twitter account, along will el ghazi

Not supervised given the amount of abuse I’ve seen in last 24 hours. That’s the thing with social media, it de-sensitises commenters to how the subject (in this case Lansbury and El ghazi) to how they feel when seeing this.

21 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

With the way we are been run now and the business we are doing, Lansbury is part of the last remnants of what was so wrong, worse than Suso wrong, when we recruited players on stupid money with stupid contracts. Tidy up his contract and let him off.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Horrible bunch sometimes aren't we. On here too...and I'm sure players look on here. Some of the stuff I see on twitter is pure evil though, from so called fans

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Horrible bunch sometimes aren't we. On here too...and I'm sure players look on here. Some of the stuff I see on twitter is pure evil though, from so called fans

I think there is a huge difference between moaning on a forum like this to actually directly messaging the player on Twitter. It becomes personal attack then. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think there is a huge difference between moaning on a forum like this to actually directly messaging the player on Twitter. It becomes personal attack then. 

I agree. Wesley turned off comments in his instagram last season too I seem to recall. That was getting pretty evil 

I dunno. Just feel we're worse than most.

Slightly controversial opinion:

I would never direct abuse towards a player as it’s pointless but...

At the end of the day, these players are getting paid 40k-80k a week whilst people are undeservingly being made redundant. Criticism is part and parcel of the game, although there is obviously a line people shouldn’t cross. If you can’t ignore/deal with it, then get out the club. You’d be doing BOTH the club and the fans a huge favour. 

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Just feel we're worse than most.

Chelsea 'fans' gave Tammy racist abuse last year. I think all clubs have braindead fans to be honest. Social media just gives them a platform

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I agree. Wesley turned off comments in his instagram last season too I seem to recall. That was getting pretty evil 

I dunno. Just feel we're worse than most.

Nah all teams have these fans.  Some fans just get too emotionally involved and it gets personal. It’s pretty sad but unfortunately won’t be going away.

Â