Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

35 minutes ago, supermon said:

From the highlights Lansbury seemed to have had a good game, his passing is really good too. We tend to lack that in games, I wonder how close he is to pushing Hourihane for a start? There's Ramsey too of course

Hourihane's position is certainly up for grabs. I'm not sure that Lansbury is the answer, seeing as he's just not very mobile - absolutely superb passer, though. 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Hourihane's position is certainly up for grabs. I'm not sure that Lansbury is the answer, seeing as he's just not very mobile - absolutely superb passer, though. 

Although he’s young I imagine Ramesy would be closer to taking Hourihane’s spot , the amount of times he drove from midfield was unreal,  constantly creating chances , he offers a totally different dynamic to the team, but on one hand we seem to be a set piece team so Hourihane is valuable to us in this aspect,  Lansbury had a very good game and I almost fell of the sofa when I realised He ran over one third of the pitch to close the keeper down, he was surprisingly quick

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Although he’s young I imagine Ramesy would be closer to taking Hourihane’s spot , the amount of times he drove from midfield was unreal,  constantly creating chances , he offers a totally different dynamic to the team, but on one hand we seem to be a set piece team so Hourihane is valuable to us in this aspect,  Lansbury had a very good game and I almost fell of the sofa when I realised He ran over one third of the pitch to close the keeper down, he was surprisingly quick

Maybe he's finally got over that injury? 

3 hours ago, supermon said:

From the highlights Lansbury seemed to have had a good game, his passing is really good too. We tend to lack that in games, I wonder how close he is to pushing Hourihane for a start? There's Ramsey too of course

I think it was Bristol's second team, and that says a lot! He did look good though...it's difficult to know how that would translate to the prem.

Edited by Rolta

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

I thought he was going to be a really good buy when he first arrived.  I still hope every time he gets on the pitch but I think his time at Villa has just passed him by.  I hope this performance encourages a few Championship teams to come forward with a bid.

16 minutes ago, handsworthlion said:

his big stumbling block is his severe lack of pace.. and the fact that he is made of polystyrene. I am also always concerned by somebody who seems so content being a bit part player. he will be here until his current deal expires. Another Brucey Bonus. 

he looked quick chasing down the Bristol keeper last night 

2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I thought he was going to be a really good buy when he first arrived.  I still hope every time he gets on the pitch but I think his time at Villa has just passed him by.  I hope this performance encourages a few Championship teams to come forward with a bid.

He was good for those first couple of games until he got injured , our recruitment in the championship was crazy buying seasoned championship talent which is ok if you wish to remain there I suppose.

44 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

When you think about it, it's actually quite impressive that he's still here providing some value to the squad. 

His attitude must be on point. Good for him. 

True, I remember DS saying at some point that Lansbury is his type of player. I think his ability when it comes to passing and general footballing intelligence isn't in question. If we compare with what has been said about Trez and AEG continously taking the wrong decisions, Lansbury seems to take the right decisions, he has got that football brain. Problem is his mobility imo, perhaps niggling injuries etc means we still hold the hope that he will get fully fit, in form and can contribute. I don't know if his legs are gone, or if he ever had much mobility in him, but perhaps we still hope that he may come good.

He did make a couple of runs into the box yesterday, like on Traoré's goal. Last week I thought he looked fit and was running around quite well in the first half, in the second however he mainly stood still in the middle and looked handsome, but not much else except the assist for Jack.

What I do like about him is that his corners are always well taken, AEG and Hourihane seems to waste about 50% of their corners.

29 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

True, I remember DS saying at some point that Lansbury is his type of player. I think his ability when it comes to passing and general footballing intelligence isn't in question. If we compare with what has been said about Trez and AEG continously taking the wrong decisions, Lansbury seems to take the right decisions, he has got that football brain. Problem is his mobility imo, perhaps niggling injuries etc means we still hold the hope that he will get fully fit, in form and can contribute. I don't know if his legs are gone, or if he ever had much mobility in him, but perhaps we still hope that he may come good.

He did make a couple of runs into the box yesterday, like on Traoré's goal. Last week I thought he looked fit and was running around quite well in the first half, in the second however he mainly stood still in the middle and looked handsome, but not much else except the assist for Jack.

What I do like about him is that his corners are always well taken, AEG and Hourihane seems to waste about 50% of their corners.

For Traore and Watkins goals, for whatever it's worth. 

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

His hair due is absolutely shocking.

Are him and Steer competing or something for looking the most ridiculous?

At least Targett had a trim after some weird long do he had for a while and then using a hairband 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

When you think about it, it's actually quite impressive that he's still here providing some value to the squad. 

His attitude must be on point. Good for him. 

To be fair at 40k pw and playing 8 times a year I would have a positive attitude!!

• Like 1

Â