Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

I hate the number of times he goes to throw it to a defender, but then stops mid flow and instead punts it upfield either straight out of playoffs straight down their throats so they are immediately straight back at us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Lucky, lucky boy. I was preparing to praise him generally - had nothing to do, but came well for crosses etc.... then, THAT. 

Lucky, lucky boy. 

This. 

I think had he sent him off we still would have won but missing him in the in final would have felt like a defeat already. 

• Like 1

That was a large proportion of our allocated share of luck used tonight. 

Should have been sent off.

Hopefully that decision will prove to be equally irritating to Fulham as it will have been to Boro.

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Lucky, lucky boy. I was preparing to praise him generally - had nothing to do, but came well for crosses etc.... then, THAT. 

Lucky, lucky boy. 

He was a lucky boy not to have a broken leg!

Yeah, he should have gone for denying the goalscoring opportunity but, after several minutes, George Friend should have gone for nearly snapping him in two. If that challenge was contested between two outfield players elsewhere on the pitch it would have been a straight red. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

I mean, if he HADN'T done that we'd still be playing.

Lucky, but the right thing to do under the circumstances.

thats a good point.  i didn't think of it that way until now.

19 minutes ago, villarocker said:

He was a lucky boy not to have a broken leg!

Yeah, he should have gone for denying the goalscoring opportunity but, after several minutes, George Friend should have gone for nearly snapping him in two. If that challenge was contested between two outfield players elsewhere on the pitch it would have been a straight red. 

Nah, I think the ref got the Friend incident right. Red would’ve been harsh IMO. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Total madness from him and nearly cost us big, clear red.

Maybe he knew that Mike Dean wouldn't send him off as he was running out of chances to be controversial in the game.....

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

I mean, if he HADN'T done that we'd still be playing.

Lucky, but the right thing to do under the circumstances.

He shouldn’t have been in then position in the first place.  But I see where you are coming from. 

Ref bottled it which is surprising as he loves the limelight. The incident will be forgotten. 

• Like 1

We'll have to thank Mike Dean that we don't have to go to Wembley with Bunn in goal.

Other than that Johnstone's been very solid. He even looks safe coming out for crosses now.

Â