Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

All the best Sam. Improve your distribution and you could become a solid top flight keeper- which Villa are miles away from providing. Thanks for your all of your efforts. 

Deserves a crack at a mid table premier club - good luck to the lad 

His flaws will get exposed even more in the premier league. He is not great at crosses, so will get a lot more of those and keepers increasingly have to be decent with the ball at their feet, well, he's the worst in the business at that. He can perhaps be a bottom half premier league keeper, maybe.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Wanted him to do well with his career after he moved on from us, now I'm hoping he reverts back to when he first signed for us. 

Me too sadly, would wish him well if he didnt go there...

Didn't rate him as highly as most on here.flapped at crosses and distribution is dire. I think Steer can be equally effective in this league. 

40 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

What a clearing. Hardly showing signs of ambition is it to leave us for them?! 

Oh well, hope he goes down the pan now. 

well by sounds of it we never bid for him

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How much was the fee? Bruce was a fan so if a low fee I think it shows the shit we are in

6.5mil according to the BBC

I think this is the one that shows to me how much shit we're in. At 6.5 million for a young English keeper who's just had the season he's had for us this is a no brainer for anybody in the Championship. I wish him all the best to be honest. He rose above all the stick he got and turned the Villa support around which is no mean feat. I hope he goes on to good things - it's just a shame it'll be with the carrier bags.

• Like 1

He would have signed for us if we had the means to have made a bid for him which makes him different to other ex players who wanted to leave us. We really have sunk so low haven't we?

Â