January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Going to have 2 games running along side each other at training now.  Def need to get rid of some, easier said than done.  Surely Richards will get the hint now he hasnt a chance.

Thought Bruce was quoted as saying that Richards still has a role to play? 

1 minute ago, Tubby said:

What is good about this window and last is the enjoyment and excitement we have had as fans.  Not just because we've signed #alltheplayers, but because despite the fact that none of us really know anything at all we seem to know everything all at the same time

Thanks Tony, you're a keeper

Communication is excellent uNder the xia regime - under Randy it was non existent.

• Like 3

What a transfer window this is turning out to be and with Kodjia back I am really looking forward to watching the game Tuesday. Hopefully 1 or 2 more before then and a couple out and it would be the best window that I can remember. Please never leave us Dr

• Like 1

Jordan Rhodes would be keen on a move to Aston Villa if the club returned with a higher offer, the Birmingham Mail understands.

Middlesbrough rejected a £6million bid with add-ons last week as they continue to hold out for more money and Villa boss Steve Bruce has suggested the pursuit has now ‘run it’s course’.

Villa would need to significantly increase their bid to land the 26-year-old but that will only be possible if funds are made available by moving on Jordan Ayew or Ross McCormack.

Aston Villa transfer news and rumours LIVE: Two new signings confirmed, Conor Hourihane to follow; Tony Xia teases fans

Rhodes has told friends that he wants to leave the Riverside with Villa his preferred destination.

Bruce asked about a loan but that was rejected and a follow-up bid was also knocked back last week.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-could-another-12508111

Not sure on Rhodes. Has a great goal scoring record but you have to question why Boro haven't given him more opportunities, even if it wasn't a Karanka signing it does seem a bit odd. I wouldn't be against it but just wary after the McCormack situation. I do like him but just wonder if there he maybe also has an attitude problem maybe?