January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

We've basically sold Gestede and used that money for Hourihane, Bree and Bjarnason. Good business.

(I wasn't totally happy with selling Gestede with no replacement, but I've no complaints about the shrewd use of the money) 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Godders said:

I hope he means 'ready?' here, and we're not going to get a 'u?' at half 1 followed by 'ready?' at 4!

Please no. I'm on nights this evening, i should be in bed by now. 

Hurry the feck up

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that with Johnstone, Bree, Lansbury, Hourihane and Bjarnason, this is the sexiest transfer window we've ever had. 

agreed. 

but i thought that in the summer gone, and also the year before with Sherwoods/Rileys 14 new faces.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that with Johnstone, Bree, Lansbury, Hourihane and Bjarnason, this is the sexiest transfer window we've ever had. 

Dr Tony Xia. Bringing sexy back to Villa since 2016.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Folski said:

A Lot, gives the impression we are looking at a couple of positions, personally I think we need a CB, LB, ST.

I get the impression Tony realises that if he spends 20m this window and we get promoted, which obviously requires our players clicking and going on a (massive) run, but is by no means impossible, he'll win 80m with promotion.

I love how we are doing it now. Gives us a much better shot at next season even if we dont claw it back into the playoffs. 3 teams come down next year with huge parachute payments. We are the big boys NOW. We wont be in 6 months.

Just loving it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We're making some good quality signings and not even breaking the bank, this really is the sort of business we should have been doing in the summer. Bruce is far more plugged in to the idea of getting 'value for money'. 

I think there's been a greater sense of what the problem's been and we've had a plan this time, rather than just throwing money into the void in the hope that it clicks

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Look at the 3 teams likely to come down...we will still be the big boys!

money wise we won't be though.

FFP will be hindering us as our parachute payments drop and sponsorships get remewed for smaller values.

The 3 teams coming down won't have these issues.

It will be harder next year imo. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

money wise we won't be though.

FFP will be hindering us as our parachute payments drop and sponsorships get remewed for smaller values.

The 3 teams coming down won't have these issues.

It will be harder next year imo. 

It doesn't matter, we've bought all of the players so there won't be any left for any other teams

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 2