January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

What, no Ligue 1 players?

#WAATFP (where are all the French players?)

Joking aside, I hope that our happiness in this window doesn't turn sour like it did after we made all those previous signings that turned out to be a major disappointment. I honestly think this new bunch will be a big success for Villa though as it seems like we've taken a different route with regards to how we have selected the targets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Barrow is more of a winger. Rhodes is a striker.

Whether it's Rhodes or not who knows but we need a striker now rather than a winger.

I think we need both. Although Green may have sorted our winger issue and the signing of Birkir could make it less of an issue.

We do look very thin upfront. Kodjia and Gabby are our only forwards right now really. Possibly RHM too, depending on what happens with his contract and such. Then there is the McCormack issue.

Two main areas that need to be sorted as the central midfield issue looks to be resolved now. Especially if Hourihane comes in...

• Like 1

Just now, Dom_Wren said:

Get CH in, and a Striker and it appears management/Director of Football are as smart as the fans ;)

Best bit of business we have done since signing Benteke is replacing Hutton.  So happy with that.  It will make a crazy difference.

• Like 1

Just now, StewieGriffin said:

Now, whilst Im chuffed we're getting a midfield together, am I the only one a tad concerned that our squad is too big...?

Going to have 2 games running along side each other at training now.  Def need to get rid of some, easier said than done.  Surely Richards will get the hint now he hasnt a chance.