January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

On 10/26/2016 at 07:30, alreadyexists said:

Delph is the kind of player who will rattle around at Man City for a few years soaking up the millions, then he'll move before his contract is up to a lower PL side, like Stoke, or Everton, or maybe a Liverpool if he's ambitious, and he'll stay there til he's 32 and then retire. 

Scumbag.

I think we should aim to bring in one or two hardworking midfielders, someone like Huddlestone as has been mentioned.

I forgot Delph existed. Is he hurt or is City just not using him whatsoever? 

Delph is no where near the standard of quality to what Guardiola demands of his players. He's used to working with world class talent, Delph is average PL quality most days.

Might keep him around as a token Englishman to help with the home grown quota I guess, especially as he's already shipped Hart out.

More chance of him going to Newcastle than here.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JNortonAVFC said:

I think someone who fits that description, who would really add bite is Aron Gunnarson from Cardiff, looked great against Forest last weekend

Adds bite you  say? Poor man's Suarez?

22 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'd break the bank or sell off the whole stock of Lotus Health Group's glutamine to get Will Hughes from Derby.

You say that like Will Hughes is some kind of superstar? He has been part of many an average Derby side. What is people's fascination with this guy? He is like the left footed Westwood. He has never kicked on and is the same player he was 4 years ago, albeit suffering a major injury.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You say that like Will Hughes is some kind of superstar? He has been part of many an average Derby side. What is people's fascination with this guy? He is like the left footed Westwood. He has never kicked on and is the same player he was 4 years ago, albeit suffering a major injury.

Don't know much about him to be honest, but when we played against them, I expected some kind of 18 year old English Messi based on how I had seen him raved about on here!

Hughes's intelligence, technique and creativity is exactly what we need. McCarthy isn't getting a sniff anymore at Everton, his stock has fallen (though maybe not to our level-yet) possible loan to buy deal would be great if we could tempt him. Alan judge is another player if he has recovered from his injury sufficiently I'd like us to look at. 

• Like 1

Midfield must be sorted, at least 1 quality CM in, preferably 2 if Tish is not Bruce's cup of tea.

Also need to address the RB situation. We might have options in Bacuna, Hutton and Richards, but none or them are really any good.

If we could get rid of Hutton and/or Richards and get someone in on loan it be ideal as spending big on a RB again would be a bit naff.

Hughes looked their best player, and the best midfielder (player in fact) on the pitch when we played them earlier this season. Don't watch him often enough, but would improve our squad if he joined. Problem is he would cost £15m from Derby to us in January, this shouldn't be allowed to happen.

• Like 1

We really need 4, with pace and guile: a RB; a CM, prerfably a creative one or at least high energy; a left winger; and one more quality midfielder. Westwood can leave for me.

I feel we need to move the ball quicker into attack, and to letting off a shot, we have the forwards, and plan B in Gestede if we need the battering ram, we just need to improve their supply.