January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

55 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We have four RBs on the books already ....unfortunately.

And?. We bought De Laet for a reason and now he is injured. The others aren't very good. I think most people would say RB is a problem area. By your thinking we don't need any players as body wise we are covered. We haven't got any players in on loan and it's something we can do risk free. 

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

And?. We bought De Laet for a reason and now he is injured. The others aren't very good. I think most people would say RB is a problem area. By your thinking we don't need any players as body wise we are covered. We haven't got any players in on loan and it's something we can do risk free. 

We are a Championship club. We won't be paying salaries for 5 Rbs. Cannot see us shifting Hutton or Richards.

I very specifically want us to sign Henri Lansbury. He's been one of the best midfielders in the championship for years and even currently we're a step up from Forest. 

I think if we're looking at bringing in loan players from the Prem then any of the guys omitted from the 25 man squads would make sense. 

Benalouane (sp) from Leicester would be an ambitious but not too unrealistic option for CB cover

9 hours ago, skarroki said:

I very specifically want us to sign Henri Lansbury. He's been one of the best midfielders in the championship for years and even currently we're a step up from Forest. 

I see a lot of him and he would be a good addition and Forest are a complete mess so wouldn't be surprised if he would be happy to get out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

We are a Championship club. We won't be paying salaries for 5 Rbs. Cannot see us shifting Hutton or Richards.

So we won't be getting any players in then? We have 3 GK 4 RB 3 LB  including baker 5 CM loads of attackers? This is a speculation thread. We need a better RB as our 1st choice is injured. We need better options in CM and probably CB if we don't want to stay a Championship club. I'm sure if Bruce wants to get some of his own players in no matter what position he will be supported especially if continue in this form. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Been waiting for his name to come up, he could never come back in my view he just wouldn't be accepted.

That, and I just don't see someone of Delph's character being willing to drop down a level rather than sit on a bench doing nothing. 

Awful person, and even if was willing to come back I wouldn't want him to.

I'd take Delph back.  I hated him for what he did to us, loathsome individual on that basis.  But he is a professional footballer.  Loyalty is a rarity with them,  they are paid assassins basically. He would be a class apart in this division and he'd help to see us promoted.  His ability in the middle of the park is what we have missed

3 hours ago, dn1982 said:

So we won't be getting any players in then? We have 3 GK 4 RB 3 LB  including baker 5 CM loads of attackers? This is a speculation thread. We need a better RB as our 1st choice is injured. We need better options in CM and probably CB if we don't want to stay a Championship club. I'm sure if Bruce wants to get some of his own players in no matter what position he will be supported especially if continue in this form. 

We are fine at RB at the moment, we have Richards, Hutton & Bacuna to fill in there whilst De Laet is injured.

CM is where we need to be strengthening in January, along with possibly another CB, a LM and a loan striker to cover ACON.

We wont be signing a right back.  By all accounts Bruce is a Hutton fan, and bought Micah Richards straight back into the starting 11 for his first game  so obviously he holds him in some regards as well........... I think hell go for a centre half, and a midfielder or two......... Strikers on loan in January possibly, but maybe that depends on where he sees gabby once hes done his fitness regime.........

First thing to do is bring in an experienced GK  - transfer or loan.  Gollini is good for 85mins - but is young and has got a mistake in him.  Bunn was awful coming on against Forest.

The thought of these pair during the pressures of a run-in, and even an play-off second leg/final fills me with dread.