January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

ACN mate that's why.

We do though need someone like Huddlestone, Adam or Barton in the middle of the park. We spoke to Barton in the summer, wish had got him.

Bruce was in for him at Hull so you never know.

I was going to say Barton was past it but he played a big role in Burnley going back up just last season.

It's all the extra he brings though...aren't the FA doing him for betting on games? I imagine he'll get some sort of ban for that.

Charlie Adam would be my pick. Actual goalscorer and he played well for Stoke last night. Not a regular for them though...anyone know how long left on his contract there.

58 minutes ago, John said:

We need a right back, two midfield players and a striker as a minimum. I think we need to take our share of PL loan players as cover (with a view to a permanent deal) and players such as Lansbury (Forest) and Woods (Brentford) have impressed me so far this season so they might be worth trying for on a permanent deal.

Ryan Woods would be a great pick up I think....certainly the best opposition performance I've seen at VP has come from him this season.

Looking at league one Erhun Oztumer has 8 goals already for Walsall, he plays the number 10 role. Only 5ft 4 but has great skill and gives his all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I was going to say Barton was past it but he played a big role in Burnley going back up just last season.

He's 34, I think he's a year or more at this level in the tank and he never had pace to start with so its not a worry on that front.

I just think we need someone in the middle of the park who can manage games.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ryan Woods would be a great pick up I think....certainly the best opposition performance I've seen at VP has come from him this season.

He was excellent but I spoke to a Brentford fan who's judgement I respect and he said that was by far his best game.

I think his performance owed quite a lot to Di Matteo's woeful tactics and team selection that night, I'm not sure he is as good as we made him look.

• Like 1

Say we can get shot of Westwood (I know I know) and use that money to bring in Woods and one of Barton/Adam as that more experienced head...would leave us with options of those two plus Tshibola, Jedinak, Gardner and Bacuna....much better look about that.

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Say we can get shot of Westwood (I know I know) and use that money to bring in Woods and one of Barton/Adam as that more experienced head...would leave us with options of those two plus Tshibola, Jedinak, Gardner and Bacuna....much better look about that.

Seems like Westwood is above Tish on the Brucey list though.

I think we'll be looking at loans strongly in the January window and a couple of these would be my preference: 

RB: Trippier or Jenkinson (Loan)

MD: Loftus-Cheek or Chalobah (Loan).  Huddlestone, Meyler, Adam (Permanent)

ST: Afobe (Loan). Ambitious I know, but would love to see him come! 

6 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I think we'll be looking at loans strongly in the January window and a couple of these would be my preference: 

RB: Trippier or Jenkinson (Loan)

MD: Loftus-Cheek or Chalobah (Loan).  Huddlestone, Meyler, Adam (Permanent)

ST: Afobe (Loan). Ambitious I know, but would love to see him come! 

shocked cary grant

Edited by AJ
Infringing on other poster's joke
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Why the hell does anyone want that arsehole Joey Barton anywhere near Villa park?. He is a dick of the highest order and just no way!

FWIW He is being bombed out of Rangers too. Not allowed near the first team and going to be training with the kids from now on until the January window opens!  .....and hopefully back to Burnley!

Nope his ban is over and hes rejoined the squad

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nope his ban is over and hes rejoined the squad

Nope he has been told to train with the reserves and must adhere to other conditions that are undisclosed. Basically he is being kept fit, for the good of both parties he can be flogged off in January. Barton will not play for Rangers senior team again....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

He is a bomb waiting to go off.

I think it is a risk we don't want to make.

surely we can find players with similar attributes.

Picking fights with 15 year old kids, fighting your own team mates, smoking habits that are hazardous to your team mates health, an example when an absolute idiot has access to Twitter, and a gutless thug.

I hope there isn't another player with those similar attributes, and hope even more that we don't sign them.

Linked with this chap!! Has a decent scoring record

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-west-brom-set-12123722#rlabs=1 rt$sitewide p$11

Aston Villa and local rivals West Bromwich Albion are reportedly among a host of clubs sending scouts to watch Anderlecht striker Lukasz Teodorczyk in Europa League action tonight.

The 25-year-old forward, on loan from Dynamo Kiev, has grabbed attention with 13 goals in 18 games for the Belgian side this season.

He already has two Europa League goals to his name and will hope to add to that tally against Bundesliga side Mainz under the watchful eye of Villa and Albion.

They are not the only clubs interested in the 6ft 1ins hitman.

Everton, Sunderland and West Ham are also understood to be sending representatives to the game.

Dortmund, AC Milan and Bayer Leverkusen will also have officials watching the striker, capped eight times by his country.

It's thought a bid of around £12.5 million might tempt Kiev to part company with Teodorczyk, who still has another three years on his contract with the champions of Ukraine.

Villa already have a host of strikers at their disposal, but it's thought Steve Bruce is exploring other options in a bid to push the claret and blues into play-off contention.

The Baggies, meanwhile, have very few options up top with Tony Pulis heavily reliant on Salomon Rondon for goals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Łukasz_Teodorczyk

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Lukasz Teodorczyk  ......god help the songsters on the Holte, if we sign him.

There is just no consideration these days:)

plan B could be "chap" something much easier to rhyme with.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Lukasz Teodorczyk  ......god help the songsters on the Holte, if we sign him.

There is just no consideration these days:)

plan B could be "chap" something much easier to rhyme with.

Teodorczyk Teodorczyk

Your mother's sick

In the kitchen sink

We cant think

Of what the hell rhymes

With Teodorczyk.

....something, something, something.