January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Daryl Horgan scored another great goal last night against Zenit in the Europa League. Very cool finish & great pace. The more I watch him the more I think he could be a great addition.

also called into the Ireland squad this week. He will have a few clubs sniffing around now as he is on a free at the end of the season.

The obvious midfield issue aside, I'd love to see another quality addition to strengthen the back 4, Kevin Wimmer from Spurs isn't getting any game time, neither is Neil Taylor at Swansea who I think would be great for us. More long term and prob out of reach, but I was impressed with Mason Holgate at Everton & Rob Holding at Arsenal when they were thrown in at the deep end at the start of the season.

3 hours ago, cbr600rr said:

i think carrick would add when we need in midfield, with jose in a mess he has to play pog .worth a bid on mc

No chance he'll drop to the Championship, he'll have offers from lower half Premier League teams I would have thought.

I haven't read up much on Joey Barton's latest incident but to be honest I'd take him. Jedinak would keep him in check ;)

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

No chance he'll drop to the Championship, he'll have offers from lower half Premier League teams I would have thought.

I haven't read up much on Joey Barton's latest incident but to be honest I'd take him. Jedinak would keep him in check ;)

Barton is a player that I rate highly- but with everything that surrounds him, I don't see this happening. Shame mind!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ginko said:

I think Vinnie Jones and Fashanu may have had their work cut out....he's a nutter.

I don't rate Barton's football abilities that high that they offset his personality and behavior.

For a player with Luis Suarez ability you can just barely be OK with him being a total bell end.

With Barton, no I don't wan't him at Villa for what he would offer.

• Like 2

He has been out of the game for 6 months ( i do not count his spell at lower league Scotland ).  For a player his age to be away from competitive football that long it's a no from me.

Then when you factor in he is a total cock,  i am not sure why it is even being considered by some fans

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

He has been out of the game for 6 months ( i do not count his spell at lower league Scotland ).  For a player his age to be away from competitive football that long it's a no from me.

Then when you factor in he is a total cock,  i am not sure why it is even being considered by some fans

I honestly believe he can play and but for being very foolish he could have been an England footballer- he's not the first nor last!

• Like 1

From what I remember Barton behaved well on and off the pitch at Burnley and didn't he get in team of the season?(apologies if I'm wrong). 

I think he would be gettable and may be a good fit for us. I also think Bruce wouldn't take any crap and would make that clear. 

Having said that im not sure Xia would be too keen so it's probably a non starter. 

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Dare I say it ,but I would like to see Fabian return ,albeit with a large slice of humble pie . There doesn't seem to be much of a future at Citeh ,and I'm guessing he still has a soft spot for us . I for one ,would love him back .

No way. He was my favourite player here but the word removed mugged us off. Onwards and upwards.