January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Delph is the kind of player who will rattle around at Man City for a few years soaking up the millions, then he'll move before his contract is up to a lower PL side, like Stoke, or Everton, or maybe a Liverpool if he's ambitious, and he'll stay there til he's 32 and then retire. 

Scumbag.

I think we should aim to bring in one or two hardworking midfielders, someone like Huddlestone as has been mentioned.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Delph is the kind of player who will rattle around at Man City for a few years soaking up the millions, then he'll move before his contract is up to a lower PL side, like Stoke, or Everton, or maybe a Liverpool if he's ambitious, and he'll stay there til he's 32 and then retire. 

Scumbag.

I think we should aim to bring in one or two hardworking midfielders, someone like Huddlestone as has been mentioned.

:huh:

• Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Is he not then?

I don't think so personally. He has a nice range of passing but has always struggled with his mobility and weight. I haven't see him get round the pitch in a long time. Maybe 2009 Spurs days when he got into shape that one time.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think so personally. He has a nice range of passing but has always struggled with his mobility and weight. I haven't see him get round the pitch in a long time. Maybe 2009 Spurs days when he got into shape that one time.

Fair dos. I didn't watch much Championship last year but I thought he did ok with Hull from the bits I saw. I'm not claiming I'm an expert though so you could be right. Bruce will know all about him hopefully so if he goes for him or not I trust him.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Fair dos. I didn't watch much Championship last year but I thought he did ok with Hull from the bits I saw. I'm not claiming I'm an expert though so you could be right. Bruce will know all about him hopefully so if he goes for him or not I trust him.

I expect Livermore and Diame did all the running for him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I agree with that but would still welcome him for his ability with the ball. At this level he can control games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I expect Livermore and Diame did all the running for him.

Would you rather have Huddlestone or Jedinak rodders? Different types of midfielders obviously but I'd rate Huddlestone more than the Jed in our current set up.

Our midfield lacks mobility and speed (among other things), would not like to see a midfield containing both Jedinak and Huddlestone.

I'd be OK with Jedi out, Huddlestone in, as long as we also add another CM.

Always seen Huddlestone as a bit of a joke player, because he's sooooo slow, but we are a Championship club now so...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Our midfield lacks mobility and speed (among other things), would not like to see a midfield containing both Jedinak and Huddlestone.

Always seen Huddlestone as a bit of a joke player, because he's sooooo slow, but we are a Championship club now so...

That was my point I think sne. Hopefully we'll not need him in all honesty as Gardner seems to have turned a corner regarding his form, Bruce should take some credit for that imo.

• Like 1

I'd love Rogic and wanted him a long time ago but I doubt he would come here now.

Not interested in Delph. I think he is one of the most overrated players to ever play for us.

Huddlestone would be a terrible signing and a step down from Westwood, Jedinak and Gardner.

2 hours ago, sne said:

They couldn't be more different. It's like comparing Gestede with McCormack. 

Jedinak had a decent game at the weekend and helped carry the side home against Reading. Maybe he's turned a corner, maybe he deserves more time. I know it's not the Villa way. 

Huddlestone > Westwood and it's not even close. Lansbury > both. Both are realistic targets IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They couldn't be more different. It's like comparing Gestede with McCormack. 

Jedinak had a decent game at the weekend and helped carry the side home against Reading. Maybe he's turned a corner, maybe he deserves more time. I know it's not the Villa way. 

Huddlestone > Westwood and it's not even close. Lansbury > both. Both are realistic targets IMO. 

Point was that they are both amazingly slow. Wasn't comparing them in any other way, certainly would not play with 2 Jedinak type players at the same time.

A midfield with both of them at the same time would be terrible unless the 3rd midfielder in the team was a mix of Usain Bolt, Mo Farrah and Zidane.

The Championship is supposed to be fast paced and energetic I've been told, having 2 CM's who play at walking pace is IMO a terrible idea

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, sne said:

Point was that they are both amazingly slow. Wasn't comparing them in any other way, certainly would not play with 2 Jedinak type players at the same time.

A midfield with both of them at the same time would be terrible unless the 3rd midfielder in the team was a mix of Usain Bolt, Mo Farrah and Zidane.

The Championship is supposed to be fast paced and energetic I've been told, having 2 CM's who play at walking pace is IMO a terrible idea

A fair point. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wilko154 said:

We are fine at RB at the moment, we have Richards, Hutton & Bacuna to fill in there whilst De Laet is injured.

CM is where we need to be strengthening in January, along with possibly another CB, a LM and a loan striker to cover ACON.

Personally I think Hutton and Richards are crap and Bacuna is playing midfield as we are weak there. If Bruce gets Hutton and Richards to play well he'll deserve a medal.