January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

On 10/20/2016 at 06:29, Bomvilla7 said:

With my Ireland bias hat on: 

Daryl Horgan has been outstanding in the domestic league & Europa league. On a free at the end of the year.

Chris Forrester has been doing well at Peterborough, would be interesting to see if he could make the step up. Their captain too at 23.

Without my Ireland bias hat on, loan or otherwise any of: Lansbury, Iwobi, Trippier, Wasilewski, 

Might as well be ambitious, its a speculation thread after all :P

Think i saw somewhere that we were linked with him recently. Would be a good shout

Edited by Villaphan04

On 12 October 2016 at 11:39, Jareth said:

Cattermole would suit us a lot better than westwood

Cattermole can play - there is no doubt about this in my eyes and is so much more than a water carrier- unfortunately he lets himself down from time to time, but I would be more than ok with  climbing aboard !

Be interesting if we've got a few deals lined up for January 1st e.g. as soon as it opens.

Bad thing for us to finally go on a good run and then AFNC totally derails us in January. Kodjia and Adomah are starting to play well now , we'll lose them and Ayew so that's a lot of quality to lose for 5-6 games.

Think we will be very active in the loan market of which Bruce has been decent at exploiting in the past.

It is a tough one as we need some additions as it is but will also need some short term fixes to cover for the african nations guys.

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'd like Lansbury, would be a decent signing for us imo. 

I'd also recall Sanchez and Veretout (if possible). We'd be sorted then. 

Christ alive, sorry to jump on it but can we not just drop the Sanchez/Veretout stuff.

They're not here because they don't want to be here, both seemingly made it pretty clear, along with Adama and Gana etc, that they did not want to stick around this season. The club didn't boot them out because of some misguided view on their worth, they wanted to leave.

That they left on loans is not really an indication that they have a future here, just more of a needs-must to get them off the payroll as quickly as possible.

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'd like Lansbury, would be a decent signing for us imo. 

I'd also recall Sanchez and Veretout (if possible). We'd be sorted then. 

I like Lansbury,

I wouldn't recall the other two though, Sanchez was dreadful when he was here we should be looking to get better players in than him., Veretout was dreadful and also hated every minute and couldn't wait to get out so he will not return.

I'd go for Lansbury and Huddlestone personally

Cattermole as Bruce obviously rates him along with McCarthy from Everton on loan would IMO improve the CM positions. Then loan a forward to add cover for the AFCON and hopefully we can add 1 or 2 young prospects to the squad to develop and supplement our own academy players we should be sorted for the remainder of the season in my view. RB is a concern but unsure on who. 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Christ alive, sorry to jump on it but can we not just drop the Sanchez/Veretout stuff.

They're not here because they don't want to be here, both seemingly made it pretty clear, along with Adama and Gana etc, that they did not want to stick around this season. The club didn't boot them out because of some misguided view on their worth, they wanted to leave.

That they left on loans is not really an indication that they have a future here, just more of a needs-must to get them off the payroll as quickly as possible.

Maybe i've missed something, but where did Sanchez say he wanted to leave? 

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

One thing I am sure of is that our signings will all make sense. 

I can't see Bruce making weird left field signings. 

Could actually do with a few left field signings as our current options Grealish and Ayew rather play central ;)

• Like 1

Wouldn't surprise me to see us go for Robbie Brady if were in the hunt come January............ Highly rated by Bruce....... we got the deep pockets to tempt him as well id say, plus hes highly rated by Bruce

I think we've got a real good chance of trying for Cattermole as well...............

Elmohamady?

53 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see us go for Robbie Brady if were in the hunt come January............ Highly rated by Bruce....... we got the deep pockets to tempt him as well id say, plus hes highly rated by Bruce

Does Bruce rate Brady?

• Like 1