January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

22 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Maybe i've missed something, but where did Sanchez say he wanted to leave? 

I don't have quotes to hand but pretty sure he wanted out, to be honest I don't think he ever settled and that he couldn't replicate the kind of form he'd shown elsewhere (and continued to show for Colombia) indicated to me that all wasn't well with him.

I get the feeling that he jumped at the chance of joining Fiorentina 

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I'm not sure that we will see as much incoming activity as some people are suggesting

I think it will depend massively on results between now and then.

No need to disrupt a winning squad too tremendously, if we continue doing well under Bruce then I'd like to see us try for a RB, CB and 1-2 CM's. If we ended up signing 50% of that I'd be content.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I'm not sure that we will see as much incoming activity as some people are suggesting

I think we'll see 2 or 3 arrive, perhaps on loan. With ACN, our midfield weakness and Bruce you'd assume wanting to change things a little I think that is realistic. Wouldn't be surprised if we look at loans though particularly for cover for the strikers.

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think we'll see 2 or 3 arrive, perhaps on loan. With ACN, our midfield weakness and Bruce you'd assume wanting to change things a little I think that is realistic. Wouldn't be surprised if we look at loans though particularly for cover for the strikers.

We've only conceded from penalties since Bruce has come in.  Do you think he sees a weak midfield or not?

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We've only conceded from penalties since Bruce has come in.  Do you think he sees a weak midfield or not?

I suspect he would like more options there. We've been tight and protected the back four more than before he arrived but it's still the weakest part of our squad. We lack numbers and we lack real quality.

I'd be very surprised if he didn't look to do something about that.

Carl Jenkinson is playing for Arsenal tonight he'd be a good loan option in Jan. Hopefully a few PL teams drop out of Europe as that'll open up moves for there squad players. We'll be in a very good position to lead an a few if we are challenging as it'll be good experience for any youngster. 

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

Carl Jenkinson is playing for Arsenal tonight he'd be a good loan option in Jan. Hopefully a few PL teams drop out of Europe as that'll open up moves for there squad players. We'll be in a very good position to lead an a few if we are challenging as it'll be good experience for any youngster. 

We have four RBs on the books already ....unfortunately.