Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

It didnt catch up with him he hit the jackpot. £8m pay off for being his usual terrible self. There's a good case study to be done on how this charlatan managed to steal a living in football management for so long. 

Without doubt moneywise, yes he's won the lottery again & again...

He did really well at brum, also at hull.

He seems to struggle at bigger clubs for some reason.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

He is the only proper candidate for the Scumchester United job imo. We need to get a petition going.

Most definitely. Out of all the candidates his being big enough and ugly enough and thick skinned capabilities are second to none.

He brings a wealth of rolling with the punches and dust himself down attributes.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Great to see every man and his dog joking and suggesting him for the Utd job.

He's a laughing stock.

I'm sure Alex will helpfully be reporting it all back to him.

But Brucey has an ego that he might think its serious 😂

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I don't get the bitter hatred for Bruce. Never will.

I think most sympathize with his ineptitude 8n difficult situations, some fume at his ability to talk utter bollox and some admire his ability to amass a net worth of around 40/50m doing a job that he is quite bad at. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I don't get the bitter hatred for Bruce. Never will.

same. i vowed not to return to this thread yet, here i am. what can i say, i like the bloke and i'm grateful for his work he did for us.

for all the joking, he's an upgrade on ole and considering they only want an interim, he might not be a bad shout till the end of the season

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Surely United won't be stupid enough to hire him even on a temporary contract. Its over 25 years since he played for United so I don't really think  he can trade on his former glories like OGS did.

They've just sacked their manager a few weeks or so after the only decent shout and a world class manager got signed up out of contract.

They are most definitely stupid enough.

There is nobody out there and nobody is leaving PSG or Leicester or Woking mid season to manage this shambles.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

He had a team consisting of:

Grealish, Tammy Abraham, Mcginn, Chester, Tuanzebe, Adomah, Bolasie and Hourihane sitting 14th in the championship, getting absolutely played off the park week in and week out against the likes of Wigan and Preston.

The fan base wanted him out and we were universally mocked by his family and friends on Sky Sports / TalkSport. That last few months was an insult to our club and fanbase, particularly the 3-5,000 who went to the away games to be served that absolute dross, only turn the radio on for the 2-3 hour drive home to be mocked: "Who will Villa get that's better', "Bruce is a Championship expert" etc, even his son piping up telling us how lucky we are. I went to every game that season and I've never felt such resentment towards a manager (Even Remi Garde) 

The guy is an absolute fraud and is only where he is because of 1 good season with Hull, a ton of media influence and out of football he's probably a nice guy. 

Dont forget a slum landlord

• Like 4

Â