Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Line in the athletic article about his kids informing him of all the online abuse, just like they did when he was here. I remember that being mocked by Bruce backers as well.

He did well to escape another cabbage coming his way. It was certainly coming. 

I look forward to him appearing as a pundit and pointing out errors players and managers are making with tremendous hindsight.

Proper, genuine, full on word removed.

• Like 3

Is there a video anywhere of this interview with him saying its his last job etc. 

I'd like to see it because I'm not sure I've ever seen anybody refer to themselves as a tactically inept cabbage head! 😀

It's the kind of thing that would be written on here, not said in public to a journalist. Struggling to believe its real but its being reported everywhere. 

• Like 1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/20/steve-bruce-sacked-newcastle-reveals-hard-called-inept-cabbage/

Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle and reveals: 'It was hard being called an inept cabbage-head'

Speaking exclusively to Telegraph Sport, Bruce reflects on his time in charge of Newcastle and the toll the job has taken on him and family

That is the first part. You need to subscribe to the Telegraph to get the rest. 

In his last two full seasons Bruce managed positions 13 and 12. Smith managed positions 17 and 11. Position wise Bruce did better than Smith.  I know a certain poster wants to argue, yet facts don't lie. buhahahaha

Article from a Swedish fan site from a Newcastle fan. It's fairly familiar stuff.

'It's quite a long read and I've only quoted parts of it but it's worth a read if you can bother google-translate it.

Good Riddance, Steve!

Steve Bruce's time in Newcastle is over to the great sorrow of all journalists and experts. Which coach's team should they now pretend to watch and hold on to?

Steve Bruce's era is finally over to the great joy of all Newcastle supporters and the great sadness of half the English media elite. I was going to share with you some of the reactions that have taken place during the last days from the mentioned characters and run a small response to them. 

2035556.jpg

Has nothing negative to say directly about Lineker. A nice and funny dot in my opinion, but it is quite obvious that he did not witness any of Steve Bruce's press conferences. In these conferences, what appeared to be a British imitation of Donald Trump was seen. Every critical question from journalists is met with an aggressive and derogatory response from Bruce, where they were just a bunch of "haters" in his book. He even refused to answer questions from some journalists and even banned them from attending conferences. Then the constant antagonism of the supporters where Bruce painted it as if they were the real problem with Newcastle rather than Mike Ashley. This is not a behavior I generally associate with "great decency" and "dignity". 
2035554.jpg

"No media friends". Can anyone give an example of another coach where journalists felt such sympathy for? Did Oliver Holt feel the same way when Maurizio Sarri was chased away with torches and pitchforks from Chelsea? That the treatment against him was harsh and unfair? Not? No coach has received that luxury treatment from journalists. Absolutely no one except Holt's polar bear Steve Bruce. 
:snip::snip::snip:

But now, at least, this misery is finally over. This constant source of headaches has come to an end. But as I wrote earlier, my contempt for Steve Bruce has built up over time thanks to football media. To constantly hear from people who do not watch Newcastle's matches that you are wrong in what you see. That one's misery is the result of unreasonable hopes and pampering, it gets old pretty quickly. I was not even particularly negative to Steve Bruce from the beginning. It is one of the best things about Swedish fans, how it documents a supporter's emotional journey. I wrote a text about Jonjo Shelvey earlier in Bruce's first season, I want to remember where I praised Steve Bruce for his man-management in that situation. 

Allan Saint-Maximin gave a nice tribute tweet to Steve Bruce. It is obvious also based on Emil Krafth's testimony about Steve that he as a human being is popular among the players, but the criticism has never been about him as a human being. The player revolts that have taken place in recent seasons have been about his tactical approach (or lack thereof) and lax attitude to training. It is no coincidence that the Newcastle players run much less than they did under Benitez. These are simple facts and statistics you can check out. It is no coincidence that Newcastle often nowadays look half dead after minute 70 in matches. It's because of Steve Bruce's training plan. And this is a huge problem for Newcastle's future coach to sort out. 

https://www.svenskafans.com/england/good-riddance-steve-636109

• Like 2

14 hours ago, momo said:

In his last two full seasons Bruce managed positions 13 and 12. Smith managed positions 17 and 11. Position wise Bruce did better than Smith.  I know a certain poster wants to argue, yet facts don't lie. buhahahaha

Smith took more points though

16 hours ago, momo said:

Would you rather finish 17th one season and 8th the next? Or would rather finish 12th two seasons running?

Position wise Smith did better because 11th is better than 12th.

buhahahahaha

Edited by Mark Albrighton

17 hours ago, momo said:

Which one would you pay to watch every week though? 

Its not potato head 

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What methods? Days off and rolling up sleeves?

Imagine him at Celtic or Rangers, holding out for 1-0 wins at home to Hamilton then moaning at the fans for demanding more

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Don’t forget dusting worself down regularly.

Typical of you football hipsters to focus on yer fancy methods and yer false number twos and whatnot.

You need to get the basics first. We need to put wor boots on, and then build from there. 

Duh. 

I bet that’s shut a few people up.

Edited by El Zen

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

You need to get the basics first. We need to put wor boots on. 

Duh. 

But not until you pull up your socks, otherwise the boot situation becomes a bit unclear. You don't want to end up putting your socks on over your boots, they get wet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

But not until you pull up your socks, otherwise the boot situation becomes a bit unclear. You don't want to end up putting your socks on over your boots, they get wet. 

And what better role model could you possibly have coaching that?

image.thumb.jpeg.f4717e6940bad5307f70acc0a0e9abc2.jpeg

Look at the attention to detail that has gone into both the rolling up of socks and putting on of boots. 

Â