Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I mean at this point with the payoff he's likely just had, i see no reason why he wouldn't just retire now and live the good life, especially at his age. Time to give it up I think. 

Can always get some "punditry" work on Sky when Newcastle next play Villa if he gets desperate. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I mean at this point with the payoff he's likely just had, i see no reason why he wouldn't just retire now and live the good life, especially at his age. Time to give it up I think. 

Can always get some "punditry" work on Sky when Newcastle next play Villa if he gets desperate. 

Villa v Newcastle in the league may only happen one for time for a few years though. I suppose he could comment on Newcastle v Blues or Hull 😀

In fairness Bruce doesn't have much to complain about...

To never really be wanted...Correct

To feel that people wanted me to fail...Correct

& saying I would fail...Correct and proven so

that I was useless...Correct (with the caveat that useless meant as a football manager)

a fat waste of space...Harsh, hurtful but also correct with respect to football management

a tactically inept cabbage head...Absolutely Correct

29 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Steve Bruce at VP. Holte end chanting his name for near enough the whole of his reign. Steve Bruce claret and blue army. Brucie give us a wave. Brucey Brucey...even until the end, and I was sitting right behind dugout that year.

He got amazing support. Up until cabbage gate( and that was one fan and I was sat right there for that) the fans in that stand backed him. Applauded him and encouraged him.

Yet he comes out slagging the fans off. Picking fights. Then complains about the unfair stick he gets.

I despise the man. He is an utter arsehole of the highest order.

"I keep picking fights with a fanbase that by and large and in person support me to the hilt....why am I getting stick?!?!"

you have a warped recollection of that era. take a look at around page 2042 of this thread onwards. this was 2 months before cabbage-gate by the way but it started well before then. too many posts to quote.

he was subjected to all sorts of abuse on here for a long time. he gave one little jibe back (didn't even really slag us off) and everyone lost their shit.

• Like 2

Just now, tomav84 said:

you have a warped recollection of that era. take a look at around page 2042 of this thread onwards. this was 2 months before cabbage-gate by the way but it started well before then. too many posts to quote.

he was subjected to all sorts of abuse on here for a long time. he gave one little jibe back (didn't even really slag us off) and everyone lost their shit.

Why on earth would he (or his son) be on a fan forum reading stuff about himself when things are not going well? What would be the point and what would he hope gain from it?

Just now, sne said:

Why on earth would he (or his son) be on a fan forum reading stuff about himself when things are not going well? What would be the point and what would he hope gain from it?

his son had things sent directly to him too on social media.

besides i just used on here as an example and in response to the fella that seems to think he had the fans backing right up until cabbage-gate

but i think i'm on the wrong page anyway...i just hate personal insults, regardless of how crap a football manager he is and there's far too much on here for my liking. i've said my piece.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Perhaps they came on here for tactical advice and stayed for the bantz.

Brucey sits down to wipe and he has gravy with every meal.

• Like 2

I can't see how he'd motivate himself for another job, this was his boyhood club and he's unlikely to rock up at a massive club that are competing. Where would he find the desire to put himself into a difficult situation with a club fighting relegation and looking for stability with what is quite likely to be an unsettled fanbase - he's never going to need the money, he'd not struggle to find work as a pundit if he misses the game - I really can't see why he'd bother.

• Like 4

Just now, tomav84 said:

his son had things sent directly to him too on social media.

besides i just used on here as an example and in response to the fella that seems to think he had the fans backing right up until cabbage-gate

but i think i'm on the wrong page anyway...i just hate personal insults, regardless of how crap a football manager he is and there's far too much on here for my liking. i've said my piece.

No, you're right, people absolutely were slagging him off significantly before cabbage-gate. I would say there were three periods when faith in him ran particularly low and sentiment turned in favour of sacking him, one was when we had a bad run around Christmas (?) in his first season, the next was after the playoff final, and then the third - which kind of went on from the second, but some switched back to support for a while - was when he got sacked. 

I did make the point on here a lot at the time that during the first half of that year, both his parents died, which is something that knocks a lot of people for six, and I think people could possibly be a bit more charitable about niggly comments to journalists in light of that. 

21 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Yes I was one of them.

The man apart cabbage gate took absolutely zero abuse at VP. He was supported to the hilt.

People can say what they want about me behind my back. That's human nature. We're arseholes.

F365 have a mildly interesting article summarising his career. Apparently this is his 'most used XI':

Maik Taylor

Ahmed Elmohamady     James Chester      Kenny Cunningham      Jamie Clapham

Steven Clemence      Damien Johnson      David Meyler      Stan Lazaridis

Emile Heskey      Clinton Morrison

(from: https://www.football365.com/news/feature-newcastle-steve-bruce-stats-numbers-record-win-ratio-signings)

A few for the 'players you forgot about' thread there. I can barely remember the existence of Jamie Clapham. 

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

No, you're right, people absolutely were slagging him off significantly before cabbage-gate. I would say there were three periods when faith in him ran particularly low and sentiment turned in favour of sacking him, one was when we had a bad run around Christmas (?) in his first season, the next was after the playoff final, and then the third - which kind of went on from the second, but some switched back to support for a while - was when he got sacked. 

I did make the point on here a lot at the time that during the first half of that year, both his parents died, which is something that knocks a lot of people for six, and I think people could possibly be a bit more charitable about niggly comments to journalists in light of that. 

Even Dean has had that a couple of times too.  People on the internet are pricks, especially On Topic, that's just a sad fact of life.  Shame we aren't allowed to give posters stick as much as they can give it out!  The thing is Bruce didn't even have fans at St James' Park for most of his tenure and as said above, Villa Park supported him up until the end, so there is a fair bit of playing the victim and his son clearly didn't do him any favours.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

F365 have a mildly interesting article summarising his career. Apparently this is his 'most used XI':

Maik Taylor

Ahmed Elmohamady     James Chester      Kenny Cunningham      Jamie Clapham

Steven Clemence      Damien Johnson      David Meyler      Stan Lazaridis

Emile Heskey      Clinton Morrison

(from: https://www.football365.com/news/feature-newcastle-steve-bruce-stats-numbers-record-win-ratio-signings)

A few for the 'players you forgot about' thread there. I can barely remember the existence of Jamie Clapham. 

inspiration FC right there

he must have had chester at hull too, didnt realise that

Â