Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If he was going to be sacked I'd doubt they would wait until Monday to do it. He'd already be gone. 

You’re right. I kept checking Sky Sports last night and this morning. He’s he for another game at least.

Something (not someone) is telling me that he will be here for another couple of games, I don’t know why. BUT that simply have to be looking at options going forward in terms of a replacement in case form does not pick up. It would be silly not too.

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If he was going to be sacked I'd doubt they would wait until Monday to do it. He'd already be gone. 

Then I might just throw my Bristol City ticket in the bin. I can't stand another minute watching his turgid football...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

The thing is I think a lot of people were fairly happy with Bruce until 3-4 weeks ago. Other than the fans he lost last season, the 'Bruce-Out' club

In fairness to him he's changed the club for the better in the time he's been here. The club is no longer a shambles as it was under the Lerner regime. However we have not established a style of play under his leadership and for that he needs to go.

I was Bruce-In until around the Reading game when it became obvious he had lost the team.

I think it’s difficult to tell. People who are unhappy with any given situation are going to be more vocal than those who aren’t exactly unhappy.

From memory, broadly speaking, there were those who were unhappy with the performances in the early wins and those who felt the wins were a good start and better performances would follow. Easy to say now, but I felt the first group had more reason to feel the way they did. 

I’ve been Bruce out, I’ve been Bruce in. I don’t think there was a single moment when I thought “No, he’s not the right man.” I don’t think he lost me this season, he just hasn’t done enough to win me back from last season.

As I said in previous waffle-y post, the negative aspects of Bruce’s tenure have been more prevalent and worrying than the positive aspects of his tenure have been encouraging and convincing. It’s been gradual. This is the most I’ve been Bruce out. 

I agree, there are certainly things Bruce has done here which we will benefit from in the long term. However, the longer he stays here now, the more I fear we will find ourselves in a position where his solid work is unravelled.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He's not going anywhere as we're still well within the chase for playoffs. Nothing is lost yet, it's too early for long term thinkers like our new owners. They won't be trigger-happy.

You cant say that we're well within the chase for the playoffs in September. 

Any team in the league could win the division or finish bottom at this stage, theres only a few wins in it.

Its the fact we've won 1 in 8 against a set of teams that average at best lower mid table thats the problem.

• Like 1

He is as good as gone. The new owners have not invested all of this money so that Bruce can stumble through match after match of total incompetence. They will pull the trigger soon, regardless of what happens between now and then. They are shrewd business men. Bruce will not go until the replacement is lined up. I bet he is sacked and replaced in very short order. He may as well stay until the right person is secured.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

He is as good as gone. The new owners have not invested all of this money so that Bruce can stumble through match after match of total incompetence. They will pull the trigger soon, regardless of what happens between now and then. They are shrewd business men. Bruce will not go until the replacement is lined up. I bet he is sacked and replaced in very short order. He may as well stay until the right person is secured.

So you know sawiris and edens then..on a personal level ? Look i want him gone as much as the next lad but we are all only second guessing what they are gonna do. Keeps doing his lose one, win one, draw one, lose one thing....he could be here longer than we'd like.

He's going nowhere until a new director of football comes in. OR if he loses 5 on the bounce which would never happen with the quality of our players and the shitness of the champ.

The problem is the balance of the team isn't right...at the moment...too many square pegs in round holes. He needs to go back to basics. I keep saying it but Davis is crucial.

Davis and James Collins in the team and Bruce will be swaggering down broad street singing every loser wins by nick berry

It seems he can't be sacked when we go on a DDLWD type of run despite that fact it's awful when you consider the teams we played. We will always win a game in a batch of 3-5 fixtures because our squad is just miles better than 90% of the division but its not a reason to keep giving him a chance.

It's safe to say the new guys probably don't have much football experience and with the amount of Bruce fans in football I'm concerned who might be advising them.

• Like 2

Though there is no appetite in the boardroom to dismiss Bruce at this stage - with Purslow keen to maintain stability - the Villa manager has accepted that poor results will ultimately leave the club with no choice.

Telegraph article link

Seems to be covering his arse a bit there for either eventuality.

For my money, no win in either of the next two and he’s gone.

We are not miles better than anyone else. We have about 3 good players Grealish Chester and McGinn.

The rest are average champ standard. I bet you can look at all the other teams and find 3 or good players. Wednesday have bannan and that kid up front Adam reach was a pest all game.

Albion and stoke have the best squads. They should run away with it however they both have poor managers.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

Hindsight is indeed an exact science but a lack of foresight is an affliction.

well, if you was on the board of Manchester United....Sir Alex Ferguson, may have been Alex Ferguson and without a European cup on his CV.

sometimes folk need to be given a chance.

10 hours ago, TRO said:

No, Intensity, No Urgency, No Pattern, No closing down, No winning tackles ( without fouling) no running off the ball.

No belief, No winning first or second balls, No ball retention, constantly giving the ball away cheaply, we are so easily relieved of the ball by players with more conviction.

If there was a prize for standing off.....we would be champions.

Its a calamitous Wreck.

The same old things are there match in match out irrespective of the result.

Its time up Steve Bruce.

Been this way 99% of matches under him. Glad you can see it now.

Sad that we've had poor people at the top who wouldn't take action when achievements could still be reached.

Â