Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It was this bad on several occasions last season and the season before that. At the very least it’s comparable. One win in seven at the start of last season. Zero wins in nine  games the previous season. Plenty of  other poor runs of form I could reference, this is just the most recent.

Sod the bloody Wolves game. I know you want him gone, but can we stop dining out on that game. There are lots more examples of yesterday’s performance than there are of the dingles match.

I could have mentioned the Bristol Game too or the Cardiff game or Boro away.

look we are arguing for the sake of it.....I think we are worse this season, but its just opinions.

yes, I have arrived at the Bruce out saloon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I could have mentioned the Bristol Game too or the Cardiff game or Boro away.

look we are arguing for the sake of it.....I think we are worse this season, but its just opinions.

yes, I have arrived at the Bruce out saloon.

Yep a couple of late goals/moment of individual brilliance for two of those games. So that’s four games. Still plenty of room in my scrap book.

I’m not arguing. I’m just pointing out we’ve been this bad plenty of times under Bruce. All these better performances are the exception.

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Watching Sunday Supplement, listening to the journalists heap praise on Wolves' owner and manager is making me feel sick. All the talk of ambition and wanting to get them challenging for the PL title in a few years is just making it even more difficult to accept that Bruce is still here. We have to make a change now otherwise we will be stuck here for at least another season. We are getting nowhere under this clueless, egotistical manager and every week that goes by is another 7 days of wasted time that could even have a negative affect on the team.

Bruce OUT!!!!!

Wolves are playing well but something is has not clicked yet. In the end they have only won 2 out of 6 this season. Still plenty of time I guess.

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well you would say that you Johnny come lately ;)

Some of us have had 12 months plus of all kinds of rubbish thrown at us for our stance on Bruce.

As for vitriol from the masses, that doesn't really reflect the situation accurately in my view. But the Holte turned yesterday, in part a consequence of Bruce idiotically turning on the fans. There is no way back now, the fans will drive him out of VP and if doesn't happen quickly it will turn ugly but I don't really think it has to date.

I don't know who has thrown crap at you mate over the last 12 months but if they have that is bang out of order as we are all entitled to our opinions and all give them in good faith in the belief that is what is best for our club.

I never said there has been vitriol from the masses but that is the way it will go if this is allowed to drag on and no one wants to see that at games as it just creates a negative atmosphere with the focus solely on the manager rather than supporting the players. It hasn't got to that stage yet as it was a minority in the Holte yesterday but I am in no doubt it will.

I agree there is no way back now and I hope those that matter can see that and act swiftly as there is still much to play for.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We can’t just get rid of him without finding a suitable replacement. He will keep us just off the play offs spot, so until we find someone, we will stick with him. 

I think we have to.

In my view he was only retained because the Owners preferred choice was not available.

Thats now irrelevant, we need to do what many other Clubs have done, some with success and some not, and replace Bruce internally until we get our man. If that’s Delaney, that’ll do fine.

We simply cannot meepnsticking with him through fear of the unknown, it’s frankly ridiculous, and the erosion of players confidence, fans goodwill, and the rest, makes it a dangerous choice also.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't know who has thrown crap at you mate over the last 12 months but if they have that is bang out of order as we are all entitled to our opinions and all give them in good faith in the belief that is what is best for our club.

I never said there has been vitriol from the masses but that is the way it will go if this is allowed to drag on and no one wants to see that at games as it just creates a negative atmosphere with the focus solely on the manager rather than supporting the players. It hasn't got to that stage yet as it was a minority in the Holte yesterday but I am in no doubt it will.

I agree there is no way back now and I hope those that matter can see that and act swiftly as there is still much to play for.

Was a sizeable minority though Mark - I’d say over a third, maybe even more than half, of the Upper Holte, and that’s only of those that remained. Many more had already protested by leaving.

Regardless, I agree, the tide has turned - during and after the game I didn’t hear a single favourable comment.

Just now, terrytini said:

Was a sizeable minority though Mark - I’d say over a third, maybe even more than half, of the Upper Holte, and that’s only of those that remained. Many more had already protested by leaving.

Regardless, I agree, the tide has turned - during and after the game I didn’t hear a single favourable comment.

Yes certainly in the upper Holte Terry. I am in the lower and there was pretty much nothing down there. The only positive I heard were after we scored and a couple of rounds of SB's claret and blue army.

I don't see the need for it to have to get any worse than it has with the anti Bruce chanting at Blackburn and at the end of the game yesterday. If it is clear for the vast majority of us to see he is done then it should be for the owners. The only worry is they have been here a couple of months and the man responsible for the day to day running a handful of weeks so they may be prepared to give him more grace or may be unprepared in terms of any thoughts on a replacement. It is a big test for them but I hope they act now as I think it will lift a cloud, prevent things getting really nasty and if they bring in the right replacement ultimately result in promotion.

• Like 1

I was in the Lower Witton, there were people around me calling for his head and I could see people in the lower Holte doing so as well. 

It was the minority certainly but it wasn’t a small one and it will grow rapidly. It would have been louder had so many not already departed I’m sure.

• Like 1

Â