Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Wolves are playing well but something is has not clicked yet. In the end they have only won 2 out of 6 this season. Still plenty of time I guess.

They have looked comfortable and 3 of games they didn't win was United, City and Everton 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We will have Bruce all until international break I fear. Last one he should have been sacked

He should have been chased in the summer when he was threatening to leave before looking like an absolute pony by getting on his hands and knees and begging for his job, to then come out with all the "This club needs me and my 4 promotions bollocks".

BRUCE OUT!

If we are to retain any hope of promotion, the owners need to act this week. I just hope that they can see this.

My fear is the longer Bruce stays, we will fall further away from the pack and leave the next manager with a mountain to climb.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Even in a shitty league with relatively silly resources at our disposal, Bruce can’t bring any sort of excitement and pride to watching the Villa play. 

This one single line pretty much sums the whole thing up. 

Regardless of promotion or not, I hate the fact that Aston Villa are awful to watch and provide zero entertainment, look incapable of playing with any kind of cohesion. And he's acheived this with the most money anyone in this league has spent.  It's unforgivable. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Predicting a win in our next match, followed by some billy big bollocks post-match comments about how he knows what he's doing.

Problem is the players don't know what they're doing because he's such an outdated manager.

I don't. I think we'll lose.  We've come across one very good team this season and we got spanked.   Bristol City are arguably better than any team we have played so far. 

Any cross floated in to our box looks like it will be a chance.  I would like to see the stats on chances created against us, I bet its the highest in the league. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't. I think we'll lose.  We've come across one very good team this season and we got spanked.   Bristol City are arguably better than any team we have played so far. 

Any cross floated in to our box looks like it will be a chance.  I would like to see the stats on chances created against us, I bet its the highest in the league. 

I just think Bruce will spend this season doing just enough to keep his job. Fingers crossed Purslow is busy working on a forward plan where Bruce is not part of this football club.

You really do need to dump Bruce.  The sooner the better really so you still have most of the season to do something.

He's clearly not going to get you the promotion you need.  No idea who you bring in however.  Dean Smith seems like an obvious choice.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

You really do need to dump Bruce.  He's clearly not going to get you the promotion you need.  No idea who you bring in however.  Dean Smith seems like an obvious choice.

Maybe in the years gone by but we are looking to move to the next level in the terms and stature of the club etc.

I think NasWes will have their sights set higher than Dean Smith.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

It's gone 1pm and no announcement yet.. looks like hes got away with it again. Pathetic from Villa that they can't see whats happening right under their nose. 

it's Sunday morning fam. I don't leave get dressed or leave my house on Sunday morning unless it's on fire, and even then I would have to think twice.

26 minutes ago, KHV said:

Not signing Terry and spunking that money on Bolasie has cost us big time.

I don't understand why that was done.

The new owners will have told Bruce they want to see exciting, attacking, winning football if he's to stay in the job.

In his typical style, his answer is to throw bodies at it.  Ideally "experienced", and likely on loan.

In his typical style, a lack of tactics or any form of coherent plan means randomly selecting from the wealth of attacking talent at his disposal in the hope he either a) gets it right or b) we play someone shit like Rotherham.

Â